There are newer employer reviews for HNTB Companies

HNTB from a former employee.

I worked at HNTB Companies

Pros

The design professionals were very professional and knowledgeable. The location of headquarters was located in a vibrant part of Kansas City. Excellent medical/dental/vision benefits.

Cons

Employer match on 401k was very low. Annual employee review process was not taken seriously. Internal communication was poor -- for example, employees would be let go and no communication would be sent out to those who might need to know who was assuming that individual's responsibilities. Many internal surveys, but no results of the surveys sent out to employees.

Management needs to be aware that the employees are their greatest resource and they should be treated with respect, rather than a source of slave labor.

reviews filtered by
  1. Cutting edge technology at this employer that you pay for...

Current Employee - Service Desk Specialist II in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Service Desk Specialist II in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at HNTB Companies

Pros

We get the latest and greatest toys with in our data center, we have top level support with our vendors and an infrastructure group with an incredible knowlege base that allows our systems to be functioning at peak capacity.

My immediate coworkers are great to work with and we are able efficiently handle all issues with varying degress of complexity. The environment we are given is very fun while professional.

Cons

Unfortunately the communication between the technology groups is not very fluid at times which can lead to confusion when one group is not informed of what the other is doing. Also, my technology group is always expeceted to have the answers 100% of the time without making mistakes. If mistakes are made we hear about it from the people we support without much support (it feels) from management.

Overall this is a great company to work for, but like any large company there are always politics involved.

2. Don't Put All of Your Eggs in One Basket

I worked at HNTB Companies

Pros

Above average pay
    Average health insurance
    Above average 401K and employee ownership options

Cons

Decentralized leadership structure is not appropriate for large project teams. This approach promotes confusion, rivalry, destroys moral and wastes project resources.

Professional development and training programs were not managed well.

The execution and delivery of the design through construction documents and specifications is where to make or break the project. This is where reputations are won and lost. This is when clients finally decide if they like the company.

There are newer employer reviews for HNTB Companies