HP Hood

www.hood.com
  www.hood.com
There are newer employer reviews for HP Hood

It's a good Place to woek

I have been working at HP Hood

Pros

It's very involved in your personal life and into helping to making your life easier, It also has a good pay scale

Cons

There isn't no really bad cons or downside just that there should be more job advancement for inside the company

More Advancement within the Company

27 Other Employee Reviews for HP Hood (View Most Recent)

Need to be more open with direction, Need an actual finace department

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelsea, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelsea, MA

I worked at HP Hood

Pros

Some good people in Sales and Trade Marketing, Some good people in Marketing

Cons

Lack of direction from senior management. No Finance department, run byu accounting

Be more open with you rpeople. Talk to everybody, not just your Vice Presidents

A good company overall

Current Employee - Tractor Trailer Route Driver
    Current Employee - Tractor Trailer Route Driver

I have been working at HP Hood

Pros

Good pay rate.
     Blue Cross , dental , vision 401k . 401k match up to 4% with possible 1% profit sharing at end of year.
     Uniforms , boot allowances ($75 every 6 months) health club reimburse up to $200 per year , employee assistance service via phone .

Cons

Paid on a day rate so 7hours or 14 paid the same. In the last years I believe managers get bonuses for reducing overtime costs , so the person controlling what you get paid has a vested intrest in seeing you not paid . They have saved money by elimination of some routes and adding it to others , and by not paying the extra hours most drivers are working longer days for 5,000 to 8,000 less then they did before.
     In some divisions they are hiring managers with no C D L. Experience so when your Miles per gallon are down from driving in a snowstorm you have to explain why , and why you could not use your cruise control .

Hood is a good company , maybe the cutbacks and extra work is what we need to prosper in this economy . But stating that instead of making us feel like easy to replace cogs of a machine would help moral . We are losing experienced employees . I do not know what choices are local or company wide , and these are only my observations.

There are newer employer reviews for HP Hood