There are newer employer reviews for HPS

Going downhill rapidly

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at HPS

Pros

Really enjoy working with most of the people. Provides flexibility. Location is convenient.

Cons

Pay is very low. New senior management that has been recently hired has really demotivated employees. Upper senior management is not engaged and continues to make the same bad decisions. This place is a sweatshop - expectations for personnel to work 50+ hours a week as a standard. Management attitude is that if employees don't like something, they can find another place to work. No effort to retain employees.

Look at why every project ends up in the same dire straits (hint: it's not the project team). Start paying people well and treating them with respect. Stop overcommitting on timelines and scope.

34 Other Employee Reviews for HPS (View Most Recent)

Losing lots of good people, knowledge, and experience.

Current Employee - IT Department  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - IT Department in Tampa, FL

I have been working at HPS

Pros

Enjoy working with my co-workers, even though we feel stressed and over whelmed. My supervisor is doing the best that she can under the circumstances and our division VP is great to work with and for and is very fair. Other senior management only watches out for themselves and their own well being and often cut off their nose to spite their face.

Cons

Recent sharp decline in employee morale. Budget constraints are calling for a potential hiring freeze, letting people go, and closing out open requisitions. Expectation is that the same or increased workload is to be handled by current employees.

Pay attention to the people leaving the company and identify why. Their skills, industry knowledge, and experience is walking out the door with them.

Growing Pains (?)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at HPS

Pros

Growing company
    People in general are committed to doing a good job
    Family atmosphere
    Sr Management is generally open to bringing in new talent/new ideas

Cons

Mgmt still operates with a "mom and pop" mentality (1000 employees - and growing)
    Little to no formal professional development offered (growing existing talent)
    Little to no emphasis on leadership training and accountability for people (beyond the numbers)

Leadership training and support (re: how to lead, how to coach and give feedback to employees, diversity)
    Be more proactive in hiring, developing, and technology application

There are newer employer reviews for HPS

Worked for HPS? Contribute to the Community!