HPS
www.healthplan.com Tampa, FL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Going downhill rapidly

Tampa, FL

ProsReally enjoy working with most of the people. Provides flexibility. Location is convenient.

ConsPay is very low. New senior management that has been recently hired has really demotivated employees. Upper senior management is not engaged and continues to make the same bad decisions. This place is a sweatshop - expectations for personnel to work 50+ hours a week as a standard. Management attitude is that if employees don't like something, they can find another place to work. No effort to retain employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at why every project ends up in the same dire straits (hint: it's not the project team). Start paying people well and treating them with respect. Stop overcommitting on timelines and scope.

Losing lots of good people, knowledge, and experience.

IT Department (Current Employee)

I have been working at HPS

Pros: Enjoy working with my co-workers, even though we feel stressed and over whelmed. My supervisor is doing the best that she can under the circumstances… Cons: Recent sharp decline in employee morale. Budget constraints are calling for a potential hiring freeze, letting people go, and… Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to the people leaving the company and identify why. Their… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Easy to get hired but no training provided

Sales Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at HPS

Pros: Easy to get hired, salary + commission, paid to get… Cons: Deceptive promotion and bonus practices, micro-management philosophy, most employees are dissatisfied with their current job role and/or pay so it makes it harder to do… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on HPS.

Worked for HPS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HPS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HPS CEO Jeff Bak. All reviews posted anonymously by HPS employees.