HPS
www.healthplan.com Tampa, FL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Senior Management Doesn't Get It!

Manager (Former Employee)
Tampa, FL

ProsLots of very hard working, caring employees. Employees really pull together whenever there is a personal crisis of a coworker. Lots of institutional knowledge. Some departments still have the "small company" feel to them.

ConsSenior Management doesn't understand enough about the day-to-day operations. They think they get it because some came up through the ranks, but times have changed & they have not kept up. The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. There doesn't seem to be anyone, at the top, who has a grasp on what is going on within the entire organization. They just seem to put out fires. No overall vision. Favoritism abounds. They keep certain staff members because they are well "liked" not because of their abilities. They promise new customers the world & then task the rank & file to make it happen when the resources are not available. Many employees are grossly overworked.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet beyond your enormous egos and look at what is best not only for the business AND the employees who are your greatest asset. Stop making promises you can't/don't keep. Get out of your offices & meet with the employees, but not as a PR job, but rather to really listen & make the necessary changes. It is a shame that many of your good employees have left because you hear one story in the quarterly meetings, but in reality something else happens. You need to rebuild trust in Senior Management and I don't think this can happen with the 3 long time "leaders" who have been there forever.

Clueless, outsourcing, cheap

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at HPS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: A lot of people are friendly. Cons: Way way behind in technology, They claim this is changing, however, upper IT management is full of former main framers and obviously aren't listening… Advice to Senior Management: Save your big pay checks because when this place goes down your resumes will only get you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Time to move to India?

IT Analyst (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

I have been working at HPS full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good benefits and perks Good Hours Friendly Staff Cons: Management very secretive Frequent Layoffs and no leadership Advice to Senior Management: Keep the jobs in America Ron Walters !!! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on HPS.

Worked for HPS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HPS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HPS CEO Jeff Bak. All reviews posted anonymously by HPS employees.