HPS
www.healthplan.com Tampa, FL 1000 to 5000 Employees

IT is not high tech

IT Department (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL

I have been working at HPS full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHard working people and most are helpful. There are still a few scattered good, trustworthy managers there but they are leaving as are the quality employees.

ConsThey will go back to a rejected idea after about two years and expect the person who had the idea to work OT on that idea. Regular hours AND OT are still reserved to putting out fires of what management decided to use instead of listening to that idea two years prior. If the idea was designed to use .Net, however, you'll have to somehow do it in Java or some other technology the company won't have to pay for.

Talent is leaving and they're bringing in new talent which is why they're hiring so much.

There is one team lead who will literally scream at her subordinates and can be heard by other departments yet nothing is done about her. This is a real moral killer in a company where moral is already low.

Advice to Senior ManagementIs advice really helpful if they don't listen? Instead of rejecting ideas, make the person think you actually value them as an employee and at least pretend to be interested and throw them some kind of bone to make them feel that you're loyal. But I guess that's kind of hard when you're too cheap.

Harrington Health

Computer Programmer (Current Employee)
Westerville, OH

I have been working at HPS full-time for less than a year

Pros: Small Company, Small minded culture. Cons: Very unfriendly to US Born minority workers. Very poorly ran.… Advice to Senior Management: Stop looking for your employees to make a decision on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

All pain without the growing.....

Web Developer (Former Employee)
Tampa, FL

I worked at HPS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Close to home. Most co-workers are willing to help. Some… Cons: Cheap cheap cheap cheap!!!!! This company is CHEAP! Only the privileged get rewarded or the opportunity to grow. If you're not one… Advice to Senior Management: You're failing! How many years has it been now that you decided to move in another direction? … More

There are newer reviews on HPS.

Worked for HPS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HPS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HPS CEO Jeff Bak. All reviews posted anonymously by HPS employees.