HSBC Canada

www.hsbc.ca

It's a OK place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsGreat international exposure, significant workload that can enrich your experience and colleagues that don't mind helping. Good banking benefits to staff compared to other local banks in Canada however this benefit is on the decline.

ConsVery poor management structure that is confused between going global or staying local. No proper focus on any activity or business process. The technology division is divided into fiefdoms with a small diminishing camp of do'ers and a growing population of only talkers. Limited (read as no) career opportunities, little to no pay reviews and average bonus. Definitely pay way below market and they don't care, they believe being global gives them access to cheap labour. However with going cheap, quality suffers, Low employee morale across the organisation. Lacks dynamism and definitely hates dynamic employees as they push the envelope that makes sr.management uncomfortable.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is rather simple... All you need is to 'Act" on what you already know are the problems. To be employee friendly, you must pay as the local market and not considering your options with low cost markets.

Personal Banker at HSBC

Personal Banker (Current Employee) Richmond, BC (Canada)

I have been working at HSBC Canada part-time for more than a year

Pros: -Easy to get in -Good clients Cons: -Managers picking favourites -When making referrals, IRs are slow at their… Advice to Senior Management: -Help promote the younger staff -quit picking favourties -increase diversity rather than… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Values driven organization

Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at HSBC Canada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Senior leaders driven to do the right thing. Opportunities… Cons: Middle management lacking holistic vision of senior leaders. Advice to Senior Management: Focus on your middle management becoming good managers of human… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on HSBC Canada.

Worked for HSBC Canada? Contribute to the Community!