HSBC Holdings

www.hsbc.com
  www.hsbc.com
There are newer employer reviews for HSBC Holdings

IT was a good learning experience. Good to start of as a college graduate

Current Employee - CIM Analyst in Mettawa, IL
Current Employee - CIM Analyst in Mettawa, IL

I have been working at HSBC Holdings

Pros

HSBC has a very good brand name.
Besides they are very flexible with the work hours ( atleast most of the teams with FT employees). Has good benefit packages. and they are a very employee friendly company.

Cons

A little laid back culture.
Ideal if you have a family but you would want to do more interesting if you are single.
At least within a couple of teams, work is the same over the years. Nothing new is taken up.

991 Other Employee Reviews for HSBC Holdings (View Most Recent)

Good but potential to be Amazing!

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Salinas, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Salinas, CA

I worked at HSBC Holdings

Pros

One of the best brands in the world. Unlimited career opportunities product, function, geography (including international). Very smart people, from top down. Large budgets, progressive managers.

Cons

Given scale, bank account, and depth, have the capability to be an A+ best places to work I.e. employee leadership and career development. HSBC says employees are number 1 but probably are about a couple generations behind. Scale works to disadvantage given lack of speed to market. HSBC proudly says they don't want to be first to market.

Walk the talk. But in a good way. I think they sincerely mean it when they say employee development is critical but don't fully practice it yet.

Occasional bumps and bruises, but satsifactory overall

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at HSBC Holdings

Pros

Good people (generally) who are knowledgeable and cooperative. Great opportunities for job movement regionally and internationally. Good benefits package. Top tier bank worldwide, so good performance from a global perspective.

Cons

Too little emphasis on praising good work. Not enough career and performance management on an ongoing basis. Some "I'm only watching out for me" mentality present in senior management.

Ongoing performance management is preached but not evident. Pay attention to your immediate/direct reports and manage them proactively and positively. If they perform, recognize them and their contribution to your success.

There are newer employer reviews for HSBC Holdings