HSBC Holdings
www.hsbc.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Good place to work until the last few years - HSBC wants out of North America

Unit Manager (Former Employee)
Tampa, FL

I worked at HSBC Holdings

ProsWork life balance, had some good leaders at one point, not afraid to spend money on good ideas and developing talent

ConsSlow moving, negative message to all non-bank employees (i.e. finance company employees), opportunities to work internationally are published but very difficult to get.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop and communicate a long term plan for the non-bank employees in North America - stop talking about tearing down the silos and actually do it.

The best opportunity in my career where I receive the respect earned through sucessful projects

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
Maitland, FL

I have been working at HSBC Holdings

Pros: Unlike other companies which claim to be a family but are NOT; we… Cons: Work/ task overload may push away talent resources. Advice to Senior Management: Off-shore may be the solution for cost, but certainly NOT for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

poor

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee)
Jersey City, NJ

I worked at HSBC Holdings

Pros: lots of vacation, life balance, flexibility, mobility to other countries Cons: promotions, salary level, bureaucracy, title, difficult to get raise, Advice to Senior Management: senior management archaic No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on HSBC Holdings.

Worked for HSBC Holdings? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HSBC Holdings reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HSBC Holdings CEO Stuart T. Gulliver. All reviews posted anonymously by HSBC Holdings employees.