HSBC Holdings

www.hsbc.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for HSBC Holdings

HSBC follows other finanical services companies as they continue to trim jobs to focus on the bottomline.

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in New Castle, DE
Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in New Castle, DE

I worked at HSBC Holdings

Pros

At the time I worked their HSBC paid people well for a job well done. I also thought that the recent focus on employee engagement was the approach, and focused efforts not only production but also on the welfare of employees, which are the most important asset. There was also a great group of people to work with.

Cons

The new performance management system focuses on attaining a normative distribution and the focus is more on meeting the numbers of the distribution curve than the actual performance of the employee. It also seems that the real focus on on taking away the great bonuses and merit increases. It is called pay for performance but it seems to be don't pay for good performance.

continue to focus on the people. This is what will make you a world class organization.

1036 Other Employee Reviews for HSBC Holdings (View Most Recent)

Satisfied employee

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at HSBC Holdings

Pros

This is a very good company in a city with not many opportunities. Coming out of college, this was really my only option if I wanted to stay in this area. It has been a good place to work and I would say that I am a satisfied employee. Many others seem to be satisfied too, as they have been here for many years. Many 20+ year employees.

Cons

When most of your colleagues have worked here for many many years, it is hard to be promoted.

Senior management in my group seems detached from what we are doing. They are located in Chicago and we are doing our own thing here in Buffalo

HSBC, a resume builder

Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Chicago, IL

I worked at HSBC Holdings

Pros

If one is looking for an international company with potential opportunities overseas,HSBC is a good possible employer in upper level positions. HSBC does do a very good job at exposing their management group to a variety of training in groups of fellow employees from around the world. This enables an executive to gain great exposure to a diverse perspective and gain some valuable networking connections.
    HSBC has a very competitive compensation package and is a fairly good work life balance company.

Cons

Senior Management is not forthright. This place has a terrible culture. They have never been able to integrate the Household and Beneficial companies into one culture.
    One must remember that if you are not Brit you will never run this Bank even in the US.
    HSBC is presently in a no growth mode.

They are not interested in any feedback.

There are newer employer reviews for HSBC Holdings