HSBC Holdings
www.hsbc.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Perhaps not the best place for an ambitious person to start out

Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsGood work - life balance and the culture wasn't excessively demanding (or at least no more so than you would expect at a 2nd tier investment bank). They were also good about getting you training when you asked for it, but you had to be the one actively seeking out opportunities for development.

ConsThe organisation was very slow at adapting to change and not very innovative. It felt like a place you come to retire rather than to start your career. Also didn't spend too much time/resources in encouraging employees' personal and professional development.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to development! Especially among junior employees.

Watch out and avoid at all cost

Vice President (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at HSBC Holdings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good Heath package and attempt to have a modern view… Cons: Where to begin... This is a company where careers go to die. 3 realignment changes in the past 3 years. If you have… Advice to Senior Management: Good god just sell the bank already... We all know… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Sr. Consultant IT group

I have been working at HSBC Holdings full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good Pay and benefits. flex work hours Cons: If you like to have no input other then what comes from HQ in the UK then this is your company. Sr managers have… Advice to Senior Management: Provide clear directions and targets that can be achieved. You will… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on HSBC Holdings.

Worked for HSBC Holdings? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HSBC Holdings reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HSBC Holdings CEO Stuart T. Gulliver. All reviews posted anonymously by HSBC Holdings employees.