There are newer employer reviews for HSN

tHEY BURN OUT EMPLOYEES

Former Employee - FT CS HYBRID to PT WAH FLEX  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
Former Employee - FT CS HYBRID to PT WAH FLEX in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at HSN part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay for Florida. The pay out on the upsales, credit card aplications and contests are good. The product fairs are great, with lots of information and free samples.

Cons

What you are trained to do and what is expected on the floor are two different things. Sales is paid one wage and customer service/hybrid a higher wage. Sales is expected to take CS calls. In training you are told to transfer the customer over to CS as that's what they are there for. Even though my sales and upsell numbers were excellent, and customer compliments were docimented I was terminated for not doing the CS job while making a sales wage with sales metrics (197 seconds or less per call). The deny everyone unemployment. U r reminded daily your employment is "at will".

All management needs to go through the training program once a year for their department. 23 years on the same job and they are unaware of what's being taught in the classes. Management needs to be hired from the lower ranks, not from other companies where they never were a worker bee. Straight from college to a management position. They have no clue. The best managers were recent promotees from the call center floor.

173 Other Employee Reviews for HSN (View Most Recent)

A feel good company that has many years Potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at HSN full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked here for 6 years now and i am very satisfied with the way this company opperates. I am proud to call myself part of this team. The benefits are good and the facilities are brand new. They for the most part value their members,

Cons

The pay is not as competitive as other companies.

You can get your average stiff sometimes but also, you need to hire management based on prior experience.

Nice Place to Work.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at HSN full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay and you don't have to wait as long for benefits like most other call center positions.

Cons

The drive to work was my only issue, would have stayed had the travel not been so far.

There are newer employer reviews for HSN

Worked for HSN? Contribute to the Community!