Unrealistic expectations

Current Employee - Work At Home Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Work At Home Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at HSN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

work from home 3 wks vacation and holiday pay generous employee discount

Cons

little to no interaction with supv unless it's bad news unrealistic expectations as related to call handle times

Advice to Management

more encouragement, promotion opportunities and realistic call handle time scale more team building for WAH reps

Other Employee Reviews for HSN

tHEY BURN OUT EMPLOYEES

Former Employee - FT CS HYBRID to PT WAH FLEX in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - FT CS HYBRID to PT WAH FLEX in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at HSN part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay for Florida. The pay out on the upsales, credit card aplications and contests are good. The product fairs are great, with lots of information and free samples.

Cons

What you are trained to do and what is expected on the floor are two different things. Sales is paid one wage and customer service/hybrid a higher wage. Sales is expected to take CS calls. In training you are told to transfer the customer over to CS as that's what they are there for. Even though my sales and upsell numbers were excellent, and customer compliments were docimented I was terminated for not doing the CS job while making a sales wage with sales metrics (197 seconds or less per call). The deny everyone unemployment. U r reminded daily your employment is "at will".

Advice to Management

All management needs to go through the training program once a year for their department. 23 years on the same job and they are unaware of what's being taught in the classes. Management needs to be hired from the lower ranks, not from other companies where they never were a worker bee. Straight from college to a management position. They have no clue. The best managers were recent promotees from the call center floor.

2. A feel good company that has many years Potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at HSN full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked here for 6 years now and i am very satisfied with the way this company opperates. I am proud to call myself part of this team. The benefits are good and the facilities are brand new. They for the most part value their members,

Cons

The pay is not as competitive as other companies.

Advice to Management

You can get your average stiff sometimes but also, you need to hire management based on prior experience.