There are newer employer reviews for HSN

Awesome place to work unless you or your loved ones become ill.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at HSN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the benefits. I love my supervisor. I love the fast paced environment. I love not being on my feet all the time.

Cons

You truly are just a number to them. We have had some major health issues in my family since the beginning of the year so I have missed tons of days - all with documented reasons. Looks like I have lost my job.

Advice to Management

Maybe they should focus on keeping their current staff so they don't have a revolving door.

Other Employee Reviews for HSN

Starting Point

Former Employee - Internet Services Customer Service in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Internet Services Customer Service in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at HSN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Decent pay $11.50/hour starting, for a Customer Service Rep. -The ability to move some-what to other departments--if you kiss some butt, or work REALLY hard. -Flexible with schedule if you are going to school (they have always approved my requests). -Ability to request a 30-day at-a-time schedule change, more than likely it will be approved -Great Employee Discount on Products, and decent discounts on other local business and services -Co-workers are okay; as long as you don't mind "typical office drama"--keep to yourself and you'll be fine.

Cons

-Healthcare benefits are very, very expensive for a family (with the starting pay being $11.50); fine for a single person without many bills -Management is not always the easiest to talk to and kind of stay in their cubicles and keep to themselves (not all--but most) -You will almost NEVER see the CEO unless you go to a twice/year town hall meeting - "The Tower" where most executives work, have the snobbiest employees. -Unlikely for you to move up unless you are fake and kiss butt--hard work is not always rewarded with promotions or the best raises. I have fared well, but this is just an honest review. I saw a lot first-hand and was talked to by supervisors who talked about each other and their own managers. They talked about the executives. I did not kiss butt, I just knew how to keep my mouth shut so I was told about all of the secrets. It may be hard for some people to get good quality scores, which determine you keeping your job or not.

Advice to Management

Stop so much of the micro-managing, and trust the employees to do their jobs. Stop all of the back-stabbing and help the employees who are picked on by others. Stop being cowards and stand-up for what is right. And if it will save you all money, let hard-working employees work from home, as it may be helpful to their situation. You have the capabilities, especially for email and chat reps--and it'll save you money in the short- and long-run.

Great Opportunity to work at home

Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Service
    Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Service

I have been working at HSN full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work at Home Great Benefits Vacation TIme Yearly Raise Employee Discount No commute No childcare Variety of available shifts

Cons

Quality Screening is inconsistent and often times unfair Customers are difficult to handle and this is made worse by certain company policies Some members of the supervisor team are not easy to work for and put extra restrictions that are not even company required, having a good supervisor can make or break the experience No opportunity for advancement