HUB International

www.hubinternational.com

Used to be a great place to work - executive "management" has changed that

Account Executive (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe company is very ethical. We do the right thing for clients and we are never pressured to push certain products for greater income. We have the authority to guide clients towards products that work best for them without consideration of overrides for the company. We have access to decent technology and can offer clients lots of value added perks. Most co-workers are exceptional and are appropriately skilled - there is reasonably even work load among coworkers. Flexible hours and less than full time opportunities exist if requested - they are never offered but will be agreed to if requested.

ConsNot sufficient administrative support - professional level employees are overworked because there is no budget for admin support. Database & file maintenance, etc is usually done by acct managers. Pay is lower than average - & there has been a pay freeze for a few years - one bonus in 4 years and it was small yet the company is profitable and acquisitions continue. In the Employee Benefits product dept the regional head has created numerous middle management positions and hired practice leaders without pay increases for the other 95%. Local office management with long tenure are good but now limited by regional leadership. Many highly skilled people are poised to leave based on changes. Others are hoping regional leadership in this product area will change because the company is a decent company if not for current area leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer an anonymous way for account manager/ account execs to give feedback. They are your front line people who are the face of Hub to your clients - they are the product you sell. NE Region in EB has become very unhappy place to work due to myriad of changes and this will eventually be reflected by dissatisfied account managers. Sales is important but it's easier to keep a client than to get a new one. Find out what's going on with account management level. Offer real, meaningful incentives for client retention, speed up expense reimbursement. Reimbursement can take as long as 5 weeks which is completely unacceptable and unreasonable - remove it from pay cycle.

Less than adequate training and support

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Evansville, IN

I worked at HUB International

Pros: Good people...until they get fired or quit in frustration. Good corporate structure with… Cons: This office is like a rudderless ship! No evaluation or correction occurs until something… Advice to Senior Management: Engage in the management of this location or divest. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The best place I have ever worked

Commercial Producer (Current Employee) Wilmington, MA

I have been working at HUB International

Pros: Huge focus on the team concept Cons: No time to stop or relax Advice to Senior Management: Don't assume that employees will be as motivated as you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on HUB International.

Worked for HUB International? Contribute to the Community!