There are newer employer reviews for HUB International

If you think you can do better, go do that.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HUB International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is growing and lean so you are unlikely to be laid off. Not a micromanaging environment. Nice people.

Cons

It's all about the initial compensation at HUB. The benefits get worse every year. Wage and salary caps. This place is about top executives first, producers second, and the rest are viewed as lucky to have a job.

Advice to Management

Don't talk about all your new expensive toys when everyone else is watching their benefits get worse as their compensation is frozen.

Other Employee Reviews for HUB International

1. Decentralization and transparency at it's best

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Westmont, IL
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Westmont, IL

I have been working at HUB International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Senior Management is very transparent with their employees and in my experience, encouraging of trying new things. -I feel that HUB is very invested in my career development and the general sense I get from fellow employees is that they feel the same. -Decentralized corporate structure allows regional freedom while maintaining the strong branding of the HUB name. -Good benefits and awesome wellness incentive plan. -Good compensation and bonuses.

Cons

None, I love working at HUB. I wouldn't think twice about my decision to take my position here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. Longest 2 years ever!

I worked at HUB International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, exposure to projects and ability to "get your hands dirty" and work on different projects within your department. Work-life balance is very fair.

Cons

Benefits are awful and not on par with competitors; lack of career path; producer-oriented culture; lack of raises and no bonuses!

Advice to Management

Create a career and compensation trajectory for all departments, not just P&C. As the 10th largest broker in the US you need to compete with other companies and Hub is still producer oriented. Don't forget to reward your account managers.