HUD

www.hud.gov

Great job, though sometimes frustrating

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGreat mission and great programs that are critical to improving the quality of life of low-income families. The program I work on in particular is incredibly rewarding. Most of my colleagues are awesome, as is my boss. It's mostly a family-friendly work environment, with a good work-life balance.

ConsFrom what I hear, in terms of responsibilities and daily activities, working at headquarters (in DC) is much better than working in the field. The headquarters building is somewhat dismal and can negatively impact people's mental and physical health. However, the agency is really supportive of teleworking, which helps to offset any downsides of working in the building. The most frustrating part of working here is that we need more staff! It's hard to think about all the things that could be done to improve our programs, but we don't have the staff to make it happen. The HR department and other administrative offices often are annoying and incompetent.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvocate for more funding so we can hire more staff! Or transfer FTEs from administrative offices to program offices.

Low maturity organization coupled with cronyism. Terrible atmosphere.

Division Director (Former Employee) Washington, DC

I worked at HUD full-time for less than a year

Pros: With so many people leaving, the career opportunities were there, but it… Cons: Just a terrible place to work. Advice to Senior Management: Learn to lead. Your Ivy League education does not equate… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at HUD as an intern

Pros: Some of the nicest people to work with. Cons: Not too much team building. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on HUD.

Worked for HUD? Contribute to the Community!