HUMAN Healthy Vending

www.healthyvending.com
  www.healthyvending.com
There are newer employer reviews for HUMAN Healthy Vending

I learned more working at HUMAN than I did in college and high school combined!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at HUMAN Healthy Vending full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people and the culture that has been created at HUMAN is tremendous. Positivity is everywhere, and there is a culture of collective learning. It's a fun place to work, and if you are the right fit at the company after a couple of months most of your best friends will be from work.

HUMAN is a meritocracy, and if you put in good work you will be rewarded and have the ability to define your track within the company. As they grow there are lots of opportunities to progress within the company, and decisions for promotions are definitely based more on merit than on tenure.

The senior management team is innovative, intelligent, and fun to be around. The corporate structure is pretty flat and you will feel comfortable working and speaking with everyone, regardless of their position. You will work hard, but will be rewarded with awesome company parties and retreats.

Overall fantastic experience!

Cons

Since the company is pretty young, as it has grown there is less of a defined mentor ship track. If you are someone who is strong-willed and capable of figuring things out on your own, you will do very well. If you are looking for a standard 9-5 job where you are a cog in the wheel and are looking for consistent promotions, this is probably not the job for you.

Also, one of it's strengths is probably a weakness for some people. If working hard, playing hard, being active and healthy is not for you, then this job might not be for you.

At the time when I left there were no benefits.

As you grow, keep the culture together, focus even more on giving your employees the training they need to be successful in their roles, and keep it up!

14 Other Employee Reviews for HUMAN Healthy Vending (View Most Recent)

A great learning experience and the best co-workers you'll find

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at HUMAN Healthy Vending full-time (more than an year)

Pros

HUMAN is a unique company in the best way. Its founders are setting new rules for future entrepreneurs to follow in their footsteps -- don't expect a typical corporate setting. If you subscribe to the "work hard, play hard" philosophy, you will probably find a great work-life balance. HUMAN's employees are some of the most hard-working yet incredibly fun-loving people you will meet. And if you want to do something where you are making a positive impact on hundreds of communities, you will be very fulfilled by your work.

Cons

Echoing what other posters have said, change is perpetually imminent at a company of this size and progressiveness -- you must be able to roll with the punches. Those who are willing to dedicate a lot to the company will see rewards down the line, but it takes quite a bit of committment, hard work, and time. Finally, if either "work hard" or "play hard" does not apply to you, you may find it difficult to feel satisfied at this company.

Working at HUMAN is like being PAID to LEARN Entrepreneurship!

Current Employee - Marketing Queen in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Queen in Culver City, CA

I have been working at HUMAN Healthy Vending full-time (more than an year)

Pros

From the time I read the job listing posted by HUMAN I knew it would be a super-beneficial learning environment and truly a special place to work. Not only are the founders now what I would consider mentors, but I can honestly say that I thoughtfully enjoy spending my days with every single employee at HUMAN. HUMAN only hires extremely motivated individuals for a reason. Being able to work with like-minded people in an innovative and positive-thinking environment is truly a phenomenal experience. But most of all, I love that every single day I wake up excited to come to work! It's now been a year of employment and I am more motivated than ever. I learn something new & improve every single day. To me that's what REALLY counts, personal development.

Cons

As a rapidly changing company there are unavoidable bumps in the road that ANY company with the same success will experience. I don't have any complaints, I feel HUMAN does a good job of being transparent and letting you know of any changes prior to them happening. Be prepared for constant change, I personally like change!

Keep doing what your doing!

There are newer employer reviews for HUMAN Healthy Vending