HZDG
www.hzdg.com Rockville, MD 50 to 149 Employees

Unprofessional Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou meet a lot of cool people. A lot of the staff at HZ is very friendly, smart, knowledgeable, and talented. I made a lot of great friends, and learned how to do my job better. The office is cool.

ConsThere is a huge problem with unprofessionalism. I have witnessed management losing their cool (putting it mildly), making very questionable comments, avoiding dealing with some situations and conflicts that needed attention and sorting out by an upper level person, and being generally unprofessional. Project managers and designers/developers seem to be at war most of the time, with more being promised to a client than can be delivered in a certain time period, without having to put in extremely long days. The president sets a bad example, sometimes swooping in at the tail end of projects and making large scope changes, sending everyone scrambling when these changes could've been tackled much earlier in the build of projects. There seem to be a lot of big ideas from management without practical solutions to reaching those goals. HR is practically nonexistent, which can be a problem. Sometimes you'll think a particular insurance form has been delivered, for example, and you'll find out several weeks later it "didn't go through". They also pay very low for the industry, and don't really show appreciation for the work the employees put in.

Advice to Senior ManagementTackle the unprofessionalism problem within the company. Dedicate someone (or a few people) to HR. Appreciate the "lower level" employees; they produce a lot of the work that makes the HZ portfolio strong and vast.

Disorganization at it's best

I worked at HZDG

Pros: The youth and dynamics are great, you meet good friends and some… Cons: Churn and burn, burn out trying and receive little praise. Very difficult to keep a work-life balance with 10-12… Advice to Senior Management: More technical leaders are much needed. Seems there are only a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Designers are gods here. That's all you need to know.

I worked at HZDG

Pros: The office space is nice. Most everyone is friendly. The designers are very good at what they do. Creative team is… Cons: If your a designer there, you'll have a job for life. There is a big "click" at this company. If your in it,… Advice to Senior Management: Don't make major changes in your process. Go with what works, stick to it, and slightly tweak things as needed. Owners should interact… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on HZDG.

Worked for HZDG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HZDG reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HZDG CEO Jerry Zuckerman. All reviews posted anonymously by HZDG employees.