Habitat for Humanity
www.habitat.org Americus, GA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Working with volunteers is great, if you have the patience and leadership skills.

I have been working at Habitat for Humanity for less than a year

ProsVolunteers tend to be all hyped up and super eager to build, you have to put the brakes on them or your job site will spin out of control. Had a great time teaching people, everybody was terrific to work with at the site.

ConsThe management is great at raising money, getting volunteers and trying to help you. However, they don't know alot about construction and can make you a little crazy at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't get hung up on how long the building process takes, your working with rank amatuers for the most part. Also, however bad you think the house is that you bought to rehab, well it's really six times worse. Trust your project managers more, they have a clue about what they are doing.

Organization with great people and some serious dysfunction

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Habitat for Humanity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great people who care about the mission. I consider them friends as well as coworkers. You really… Cons: Pretty bad dysfunction. Skeptical of technology and change. Cultural split… Advice to Senior Management: Shift headquarters to Atlanta. Embrace change and new technology. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Fun and Challenging!

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Toledo, OH

I worked at Habitat for Humanity full-time for more than a year

Pros: On the job experience, learning all aspects of retail,product knowledge Cons: Some customers are rude and sometimes staff flutuates to fewer… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to what some of your managers' suggestions who have over 20 yrs in retail at… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Habitat for Humanity.

Worked for Habitat for Humanity? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Habitat for Humanity reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Habitat for Humanity CEO Jonathan T. M. Reckford. All reviews posted anonymously by Habitat for Humanity employees.