Habitat for Humanity
www.habitat.org Americus, GA 1000 to 5000 Employees

It's not a great place to work

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Pensacola, FL

I worked at Habitat for Humanity full-time for less than a year

ProsThis review has to do with the Pensacola affiliate. The staff are friendly and great to work with. They are professional and generally know what they are doing.

ConsThis review has to do with the Pensacola affiliate. Unless you are in upper management, your salary is low enough that you likely qualify for their program. Also, there is virtually zero accountability - as long as you don't question upper management, you are good to go.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe board of directors need to take a thorough look at all aspects of the affiliate. Low morale and inattentive management make this an extremely frustrating place to work with high turnover.

Great mission, great people, frustrating leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Americus, GA

I worked at Habitat for Humanity full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: [NOTE: This review is based on experience at the Americus, GA office] Opportunity to contribute to worthy mission and life changing work being done around… Cons: [NOTE: This review is based on experience at the Americus, GA office] Remote location in rural Georgia, telecommuting policy is inconsistently enforced; not much opportunity… Advice to Senior Management: Focus more on innovation, rather than relying on outdated industry practices, in all areas (PR/marketing, employee engagement, fund raising, web… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Life-changing, character-forming, meaningful hard work.

Director (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at Habitat for Humanity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: A great team of people, inspired mission, and international support network… Cons: A complex business model that can take years to comprehend and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Habitat for Humanity.

Worked for Habitat for Humanity? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Habitat for Humanity reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Habitat for Humanity CEO Jonathan T. M. Reckford. All reviews posted anonymously by Habitat for Humanity employees.