Habitat for Humanity
www.habitat.org Americus, GA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great Organization - Wish there was more to do on site.

Americorps Site Staff (Former Employee)
Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Habitat for Humanity as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGreat organization with great people, a mission that matters.

ConsSometimes it seems like there's more focus on keeping the volunteers happy then getting things done. Volunteers want to get things done, it's why they're there.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust the site staff more and don't subcontract out so much. Every other Habitat Affiliate in the country operates as its own GC. Trust your staff to do more than drywayll and paint.

The experience can be rewarding if you're there for the right reasons.

Volunteer (Current Employee)
Lexington Park, MD

I have been working at Habitat for Humanity as an intern for less than a year

Pros: A great place to meet new people and to establish… Cons: Work can be strenuous and management doesn't provide growth or… Advice to Senior Management: Allow dedicated volunteers to possibly advance to more promising positions. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very profit minded

Utility Clerk (Former Employee)
Dickson, TN

I worked at Habitat for Humanity part-time for more than a year

Pros: At least working at something I am good at Cons: Manager has bad Customer interaction Advice to Senior Management: Concentrate more on customer satisfaction No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Habitat for Humanity.

Worked for Habitat for Humanity? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Habitat for Humanity reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Habitat for Humanity CEO Jonathan T. M. Reckford. All reviews posted anonymously by Habitat for Humanity employees.