There are newer employer reviews for Habitat for Humanity

Great mission

Former Employee - Construction Manager
Former Employee - Construction Manager

I worked at Habitat for Humanity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Your doing work that helps others in need.

Cons

Each affiliate is only as good as its Board of Directors. Some B.O.D. members serve only to line their resumes and could really care less about the "mission".

Management should play a more active role in understanding how the B.O.D manages each affiliate. The fact that each affiliate is run autonomously means a bad or corrupt B.O.D. can not only distract from the mission, but in some cases actually break the law. A good and active B.O.D. however can really have a positive impact on the employees, mission and community. It really is a crap shoot.

180 Other Employee Reviews for Habitat for Humanity (View Most Recent)

My Employment at Habitat for Humanity

Former Employee - Head Cashier/Floor Supervisor  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Head Cashier/Floor Supervisor in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Habitat for Humanity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The mission at Habitat for Humanity is a great cause for the public,providing affordable housing for people who would other wise never be able to own thier own homes..and it helps the community as well as the environment.

Cons

very low pay scale.. unless your in administration..and administration has lost sight of the proud mission .

Look at who really is responsible for turmoil within the location.. stop deciding the blue collar, but the white collar..and realize that the "Restore" is not Walmart. Arrogance in administration ....

Scattered workplace but truly feeling like you've made a difference

Former Employee - Volunteer  in  Norristown, PA
    Former Employee - Volunteer in Norristown, PA

I worked at Habitat for Humanity as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Our office space was cramped which in turn allowed for great camaraderie between coworkers. Attending open houses and spending time with the families who were moving in, really solidified the impact you were making.

Cons

Management was scattered which lead to much miscommunication and frustration. The space we were using as an office was small and cramped, the computers and equipment outdated.

There are newer employer reviews for Habitat for Humanity

Worked for Habitat for Humanity? Contribute to the Community!