Hachette Book Group
www.hachettebookgroup.com New York, NY 500 to 999 Employees

Warm, inviting, family like culture.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at Hachette Book Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe People!! Lots of tenure at HBG and plenty of friendly faces. The Boston office was around 200 employees while I was there but it never felt like it.

Books!! Its not a requirement, but most people that work for HBG have a strong passion for publishing and books in one capacity or another. Since I left there my bookshelves have sadly dimished, haha. Authors would occasionally come into the Boston office - always fun!

Benefits!! The company provides great benefit packages for their employees to choose from. Everything from the typical medical, dental, vision, 401k to other programs like backup childcare, matching gift donations to non profits/charities and tuition reimbursement.

ConsCompensation - Publishing in general pays at the lower end of compensation. Although they try to make up for this in other benefits and ways it can be hard to not be disappointed.

Career Development - The companie tries to offer career development opportunites whenever possible for internal employees, however since it is a relatively small company and many people stay for a long time (15-20-25+ yrs tenure!) movement is slow.

OK place to work

Warehouse Lead (Current Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Hachette Book Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Pretty stable job. The warehouse has never had a layoff. The warehouse… Cons: Lower end of the pay scale, job growth potential is very low.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Wonderful learning experience!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Hachette Book Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Great environment to cultivate fresh talent, nice co-workers and supervisors who are passionate about their craft and the book world, great guidance, open-door policy, summer-hours… Cons: Communication between departments working together on some projects could be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Hachette Book Group.

Worked for Hachette Book Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hachette Book Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hachette Book Group CEO David Young. All reviews posted anonymously by Hachette Book Group employees.