There are newer employer reviews for HackerAgency

Where there's smoke, there's fire!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at HackerAgency full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the free snacks, nice view. Excitement and energy of working in downtown Seattle.

Cons

Wow, where do i start? 1. Pay For Performance Incentive Program: outdated, inconsistent and volatile pay program. What's unfortunate is that it is based on a percentage so even if you bust your butt (like i do everyday) the slacker next to me gets the same percentage! Fair? NO. As an hourly employee, that same bonus percentage is based on my hourly rate. Again, overtime is NOT used as part of that calculation. Fair? NO. I smell a wage and hour lawsuit happening. 2. Culture: Fear and Intimidation. It started with the Hackers, and continues to this day with the current CEO. Trickles throughout the senior leadership team and down to all employees who suffer the brunt. 3. Management: There are a few who really care, have skills and want to make a difference. Build a better company, but then.....well, see #2. 4. Reputation: Do you work in Account Management? Creative? Ask any recruiter, creative agency or professional about Hacker and their work/employment reputation. They can't keep people because of the rude, condescending, illegal behavior.

Advice to Management

Stop "encouraging" employees to write positive reviews on Glassdoor. Asking them to deluge the site for 1 day looks stupid. Effective, courageous companies with true values and best-in-class business practices don't need to pepper their employees with "Hey, why don't you go out to *****and write a nice review about us?" They know who and what they are, and stick to it. They don't need to suck up and force employees to do anything. What's worse is it looks even MORE STUPID when it's done all on ONE DAY. Advice to senior management: Just walk away. Stop ruining what COULD be a decent company, and ruining employee morale.

Other Employee Reviews for HackerAgency

wow. So desperate for glassdoor good review. Wow

I worked at HackerAgency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great view, Free Snacks, Some interesting people. They have some pro level people who know how to write good reviews on glassdoor. Good job for hiding the actual truth.

Cons

I don't know where to start. There are so many things wrong about this company #1: PFP- This is basically nothing but gambling half of your salary. If the company does good but then you will get more but if it does bad then you are screwed. It's basically interest free money to the company. Well done hacker screwing up your hard working employee #2: Management: Account Management sucks big time. Yes you just sucks #3 Culture of Fear: The whole company is running under culture of fear. #4 Customers are always top of the list which is great but employees are always bottom of the list which sucks. PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ANY COST.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Just quit

PFP - a ridiculous salary structure - unless you're the CEO

Pros

My mother always taught me to say something nice about any given situation. There are some great people at Hacker. And, the office is located in the heart of downtown Seattle.

Cons

PFP is a complex, bonus structure that had its day when Hacker was a smaller company and an employee could actually see and feel the impact of their efforts on the bottom line. Today, as a 200+ employee group, it feels more management is enabled to gamble with 50% of my salary. Management's explanation of how the quarterly "profitability" is derived is delivered in a a smoke and mirrors PPT deck.

Advice to Management

Give your people real salaries and get rid of PFP! Employees deserve merit raises and bonuses.