Haggen

www.haggen.com
There are newer employer reviews for Haggen

It's a good experience working with great people.

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Bellingham, WA
Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Haggen

Pros

Benefits! Great benefits. It's the most comprehensive medical/dental/vision package I've ever had and the employee premium contribution is very reasonable. There's also great communication from the top to the bottom about what the company is doing in these turbulent times. There's a wide-open door policy giving anyone and everyone access to upper management. I feel my job is secure in these turbulent times.

Cons

My wages are not what I would like but the benefits more than make up for it. Unfortunate for many people there have been some significant layoffs and some store closings. I know those were tough choices to make and management has been forthright and upfront. Raises have been slow to come. Upgrades to computer hardware have been long promised and are way past due.

More frequent raises please. And research the industry standard wage scale for the various positions in the company. I don't feel my wages match my peers.

35 Other Employee Reviews for Haggen (View Most Recent)

Was a good company to work for but they have changed

Current Employee - Cashier in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Cashier in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Haggen

Pros

Haggen has union employees and the pay for journeyman clerks is great. There are still some store managers that are awesome to work for.

Cons

Haggen is becoming more and more like every orther corporate buisness . All about money and the bottom line.

Praise your employees and talk to them and get to know them. Back your employee up when their is a obivisously a very unreasonable customer yelling at them!

Great Place and Atmosphere

Former Employee - Front End in Ferndale, WA
    Former Employee - Front End in Ferndale, WA

I worked at Haggen

Pros

The store exudes quality, both in its products and the people they hire. They are professional, and hire competent, responsible people. Great atmosphere to be in.

Cons

Its a 24 hour store, so sometimes you might get stuck working the night shift. Its very popular, so don't expect down time.

I would recommend higher pay, especially for those who have experience and who work late shifts. I would also love to see more imput from employees seeking time off.

There are newer employer reviews for Haggen