Hain Celestial

www.hain-celestial.com
  www.hain-celestial.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hain Celestial

Natural & Organic Food is a tough sell in this economy.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

I have been working at Hain Celestial

Pros

Generally good atmosphere. Some salaries are OK. Not many layers of management to deal with. Generally friendly atmosphere. OK about personal and health issues. You can talk to upper management if you push the issue. Again, small company atmosphere can be positive.

Cons

Static jobs no movement, not large company. Some of the decisions are erratic. Old systems, not willing to move forward. This was an issue before the economy tumbled. Too slow to get rid of problem divisions. Upper management is very well compensated but the lower level jobs are poorly paid. Small company atmosphere can be stifling as well as positive.

Be more involved with what is going on internally.

28 Other Employee Reviews for Hain Celestial (View Most Recent)

Happy lower-level employee...

Former Employee - Sales/Barista in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Sales/Barista in Boulder, CO

I worked at Hain Celestial

Pros

Great management; wonderful colleagues. I worked at the university coffee shop and probably also would have given tours at the tea factory if I had stayed longer in Boulder, Colorado. I really liked my manager and the manager's assistant, and I worked at various locations, and liked everyone I worked with. I felt that the compensation was fair and could have envisioned moving into management positions, and perhaps out of the cafe entirely, eventually. I got great customer service experience, and I was allowed to work on my own a lot of the time, which I appreciated. I never felt micromanaged.

Cons

My positions, obviously, was not a lofty one, so the customers were occasionally (make that often) very difficult - people are very particular about their coffee or tea and the way in which it is made. For the most part, the service industry is like that, though - you just have to get used to it, and I did. I occasionally (very seldom) felt that I was at the very bottom or far end of a branch of a large corporation, but the people I worked with made up for that, and what do you expect, anyway? I don't know what changes have taken place since Celestial merged with Hain...

Keep doing what you're doing...

Irwin should enlist executive coach.

Former Employee - Director in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Director in Boulder, CO

I worked at Hain Celestial

Pros

The company is growing via aquisitions. It is a fast paced shoot from the hip environment with very little thought given to the next quarter. This is a great environment for folks who enjoy fire fighting and the next big disaster to fix.

Cons

Closed senior management. C level staff only concerned about cutting expenses and headcount. There is no long term view, just keep buying companies and hope for the best... Quality of products suffers, since it is the last item to receive funding and attention.

Create a new mission statement. Current: Grow the business to 1 Billion Dollars doesn't cut it. Hain Celestial is an Organic Food company that has strayed into other non organic lines of business...thus losing focus.

There are newer employer reviews for Hain Celestial