Hain Celestial

www.hain-celestial.com
  www.hain-celestial.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hain Celestial

Depends on where you are

I have been working at Hain Celestial

Pros

Depending on the location- the peer groups are excellent to work with.
The Boulder Celestial Seasonings office is a great example and much envied at our office.
I would work for anyone in Boulder- because their leadership seems strong.
Other locations are not as fortunate.

Cons

Very little concern for line staff and middle managment.
overworked, overwhelmed and underpaid employees.
very basic business decisions (staffing, pricing, contracts, ect) can take months if not years to get through the red tape.
not willing to invest in an infastructure to support their rapd growth plan.

Please invest in the technical side of your company. Working on a dos based system at your level of business is ridiculous.
Someone should ponder why business that are thriving when you buy them- quickly disintergrate under Hain's management.
There should be some back to basic managerial training. There should be some SOP's established to allow people to get what they need from the upper managment folks.

28 Other Employee Reviews for Hain Celestial (View Most Recent)

Family comes first

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Hain Celestial

Pros

Growth industry, smallish company culture

Cons

Family and certain religion gets first cut at sr positions

Look at other religions when deciding on sr management

Underpaid with fringe enefits

Former Employee - Customer Relations Specialist in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Relations Specialist in Boulder, CO

I worked at Hain Celestial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked in customer relations. Fundamentally, this meant first-line consumer contact for hundreds of products: everything from the storied tea to cosmetics. I love talking to people and have a passion for customer service, meaning this was the perfect place for me. Since most consumers love the products, about 80% of the calls were actually compliments! Happy clients are always a big plus anywhere. Discounts on those yummy products was also a plus. Discounts on those yummy products was also nice.

Cons

Given the mantra from upper-ups that customer relations was "literally the most important department after production" (evidenced by the absurd number of products we were charged with representing—I conducted many a long "consultation" with people about facial cleansers with nothing more than a company script in front of me), it was ever the mystery that we were some of the lowest paid (hourly, with a steady rotation of temps). Having moved on to become a business owner and employer myself, I've learned that happy employees mean happy customer contact, thus better and more business.

One of two things should be addressed: be honest with your folks about what they're there for and pay them accordingly.

There are newer employer reviews for Hain Celestial