Progressive organization with unlimited potential.

Current Employee - Managing Director  in  Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Managing Director in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Hair Club full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent organizational structure. Senior Management Team is dedicated and committed to the success of each Center. Professional and Personal Growth opportunities abound.

Cons

Hiring process in theory is structured with the goal to hire "the right candidate", however it is time consuming and has the potential for missed opportunity.

Continue to develop training mechanisms for all field positions. Analyze hiring and recruiting processes for overall efficiency and success.

Other Reviews for Hair Club

Hair Club...The best place to work at. Guaranteed!

Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Hair Club full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Learning how to make a client feel they are special and good about themselves.

Cons

There are no cons. Hair Club is THE place to work at.

No advice. All management team members are professional, sincere, caring and a pleasure to work with.

Enthusiastic, Willing Employee Finds Herself Seeking More

Current Employee - Hair Stylist  in  Elmwood Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Elmwood Park, NJ

I have been working at Hair Club full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best part of working for Hair Club is knowing that (as a stylist) I am able to help bring confidence and happiness to my clients. I appreciate how much effort the company puts into educating their employees about their products. I enjoy working with Hair Club for Kids' clients, of which I have 5. I feel like I am making a difference.

Cons

Some of the downsides to working for Hair Club is the pressure. There is pressure to upgrade clients, convert new clients to a membership, and to meet or exceed retail goals. From a stylist standpoint, there are scheduling issues all of the time, especially when it comes to female appointments. The job is physically demanding and with scheduling errors, I sometimes go without a break to sit for a while and rest. There are inconsistencies in training information and the monthly education meetings are executed poorly. There are more and more issues with hair being ordered on time or correctly. If a client is paying to have hair every however many weeks according to their program level, then it should be there, and it should be correct. The responsibility of telling the client there has been a problem/error falls onto my shoulders and then I'm the one that feels like the jerk and it effects my clients' ability to trust me in the future. There are problems with inventory at my center; we have too much of things we don't use and probably will never use, but we don't have most of the things we need on a monthly basis. Our retail items are always out of stock because of ordering errors. It's embarrassing. The other con is the smells - the adhesives, some of the solvents and perm solutions (even some of the clients) stink and breathing the fumes everyday can't be good for any of us working with them. I also sometimes feel like I'm being told I CAN'T take time off from work because I've already been scheduled even though I usually give notice 2 months ahead of time.

I want so badly to help. I am enthusiastic, willing, ambitious, creative, and dedicated to making my center better. I have the skills for styling, as well as administrative knowledge (scheduling, CMS) and strong membership advisement and technology suggestions. My clients mean so much to me that I would not want to leave, but the way things are run sometimes makes me question the integrity of the job. Scheduling for men and women should be done differently. We (stylists) are never given the time we are needed with women and it causes a snowball effect delaying all other appointments. I feel like I am always given an excuse from those above me instead of an issue being fixed. I sometimes feel bullied and always feel overlooked. I don't feel appreciated or heard. I go home most days frustrated or angry, and always exhausted. Yes, I know it is still a job, just as demanding as any other salon. But the emotional and mental stress that comes with frequent, ongoing issues builds up and turns to resentment over time. On a plus side, I feel immensely rewarded when I am able to satisfy my clients needs and especially when working with Hair Club for Kids.

There are newer employer reviews for Hair Club.

Worked for Hair Club? Contribute to the Community!