Halliburton

There are newer employer reviews for Halliburton

Halliburton Technical Professional-Field Engineering

Current Employee - Technical Professional in Hobbs, NM
Current Employee - Technical Professional in Hobbs, NM

I have been working at Halliburton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay with bonuses. Oppurtunity to grow quickly, ecspecially if you ask. A lot of locations to work with relocation included. Other smaller companies pay more, but Halliburton will provide job security and more oppurtunity for advancement.

Cons

Long hours in the field. Some jobs require staying in hotel or sleeping on location for a week or more. Most locations are rural and not very desireable to live.

662 Other Employee Reviews for Halliburton (View Most Recent)

Generally good experience with a few frustrations.

Current Employee - Software Developer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Halliburton

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Great locations to work. Good people. Solid, dependable company.

Cons

You are pretty much left on your own to sink or swim. There is no one there to train you, depending on your department. Difficult to convince management to invest in equipment and projects.

Provide the tools and computer horsepower to allow work to be done in a timely fashion. Skimping on equipment and tools costs far more in lost time. Pay more attention to employeee retention and employee feedback. Consider more state side development.

Good Company

Former Employee - Field Engineer - Wireline in Broussard, LA
    Former Employee - Field Engineer - Wireline in Broussard, LA

I worked at Halliburton

Pros

Pay was ok. Managers were great. Good overall company to work for. Hours were to crazy for me. Good Luck.

Cons

The hours were way to crazy. I could not handle the 24 hour call, thought I could, but I couldn't.

I would hope that in the near future, they will hire enough employees to have a set rotation. You can not plan anything when working 24 hour cal.

There are newer employer reviews for Halliburton