Great company with great people

Former Employee - IT Intern  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - IT Intern in Houston, TX

I worked at Halliburton as an intern for less than a year

Pros

- Open environment
- Encourages innovation from their people
- Plenty of opportunities for growth
- Really cool people and relaxed atmosphere
- Flexible hours

Cons

None that I can think of

Other Reviews for Halliburton

A large company with a very personal touch.

Current Employee - Associate Technical Professional  in  Duncan, OK
    Current Employee - Associate Technical Professional in Duncan, OK

I have been working at Halliburton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and great pay.
    Friendly atmosphere where coworkers will work with you when you have questions or concerns about your projects.
    Management tends to be very open.
    There is rarely a time that I have felt bored or unneeded. I have generally always been busy or training.
    Management encourages training and advancement in education, and the company will pay/reimburse you for your efforts.

Cons

Moving within the company can be very difficult, especially if management wants you in a particular position or location.
    As with most large companies, it can also be hard to stand out from the crowd, but at the same time, there isn't a strong sense of competition, so this isn't a big issue.
    The biggest problem for me, being in my mid 20s, was location. Duncan is a small town with little to do, so while I have few complaints about the job itself, it was not uncommon for me to be bored out of my mind, especially during the work week.

Establish a more organized introduction for new employees. My first few months were confusing and unstructured, and I felt like I wasn't really learning anything about the company.

Great for some, not so for many

Current Employee - Senior Technical Professional  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Professional in Houston, TX

I have been working at Halliburton full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Certain employees are "identified" as high performer, and get multiple promotions within short career term. Layoffs of good employees & technical staff are rare. Most people who are eventually laid off usually are lower performer, or jobs becomes redundant. A lot of contented employees that stay in company for greater than 30 years, which is rare in oil industry.

Cons

Compensation is low. If you are one of those non-identified employees, you will more than likely sit on the same position for years, until you seek your way out. Good thing is Halliburton is big enough that you can jump from one product line to another with little issue.

Promote lateral movement of employees, to not just sit stale at the same position for years.

There are newer employer reviews for Halliburton.

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!