Halliburton

www.halliburton.com
  www.halliburton.com
There are newer employer reviews for Halliburton

A large company with a very personal touch.

Current Employee - Associate Technical Professional in Duncan, OK
Current Employee - Associate Technical Professional in Duncan, OK

I have been working at Halliburton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits and great pay.
Friendly atmosphere where coworkers will work with you when you have questions or concerns about your projects.
Management tends to be very open.
There is rarely a time that I have felt bored or unneeded. I have generally always been busy or training.
Management encourages training and advancement in education, and the company will pay/reimburse you for your efforts.

Cons

Moving within the company can be very difficult, especially if management wants you in a particular position or location.
As with most large companies, it can also be hard to stand out from the crowd, but at the same time, there isn't a strong sense of competition, so this isn't a big issue.
The biggest problem for me, being in my mid 20s, was location. Duncan is a small town with little to do, so while I have few complaints about the job itself, it was not uncommon for me to be bored out of my mind, especially during the work week.

Establish a more organized introduction for new employees. My first few months were confusing and unstructured, and I felt like I wasn't really learning anything about the company.

663 Other Employee Reviews for Halliburton (View Most Recent)

Great for some, not so for many

Current Employee - Senior Technical Professional in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Professional in Houston, TX

I have been working at Halliburton full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Certain employees are "identified" as high performer, and get multiple promotions within short career term. Layoffs of good employees & technical staff are rare. Most people who are eventually laid off usually are lower performer, or jobs becomes redundant. A lot of contented employees that stay in company for greater than 30 years, which is rare in oil industry.

Cons

Compensation is low. If you are one of those non-identified employees, you will more than likely sit on the same position for years, until you seek your way out. Good thing is Halliburton is big enough that you can jump from one product line to another with little issue.

Promote lateral movement of employees, to not just sit stale at the same position for years.

Great pay and tons of paid time off.

Current Employee - Operator Assistant I Frac/Acid in Hobbs, NM
    Current Employee - Operator Assistant I Frac/Acid in Hobbs, NM

I have been working at Halliburton full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great pay, excellent benefits, work only 34 weeks/year, 17 weeks off-duty + 1 additional week of vacation (all 18 off-weeks are paid for at 40 hours) TONS of work to get done--job security, excellent training programs, they invest a lot of money in training new/current employees, lots of different career opportunities to be able to move up to.

Cons

I've noticed a lot of employees don't stay for long because pay is definitely not competitive with competitors, poor communication amongst managers-to-employees and to other managers. I personally don't care how long the work hours are, the more, the better, it's what I signed up for and I'm here to make some serious money! Give me all the work you got!! :)

Effective communication is paramount in every business...I am sure YOU ALL KNOW THAT. I love working here...but the politics and the miscommunication and misinformation has got to go.

There are newer employer reviews for Halliburton