There are newer employer reviews for Halliburton

A large company with a very personal touch.

Current Employee - Associate Technical Professional in Duncan, OK
Current Employee - Associate Technical Professional in Duncan, OK

I have been working at Halliburton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and great pay. Friendly atmosphere where coworkers will work with you when you have questions or concerns about your projects. Management tends to be very open. There is rarely a time that I have felt bored or unneeded. I have generally always been busy or training. Management encourages training and advancement in education, and the company will pay/reimburse you for your efforts.

Cons

Moving within the company can be very difficult, especially if management wants you in a particular position or location. As with most large companies, it can also be hard to stand out from the crowd, but at the same time, there isn't a strong sense of competition, so this isn't a big issue. The biggest problem for me, being in my mid 20s, was location. Duncan is a small town with little to do, so while I have few complaints about the job itself, it was not uncommon for me to be bored out of my mind, especially during the work week.

Advice to Management

Establish a more organized introduction for new employees. My first few months were confusing and unstructured, and I felt like I wasn't really learning anything about the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Sr. leadership made the job that I once loved a miserable experience.

Current Employee - Senior IT Architect in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior IT Architect in Houston, TX

I have been working at Halliburton full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great employees and a flexible schedule, most employees are truly dedicated to doing a good job. In IT they provide a great and flexible work schedule, this helps work around the Houston traffic. Halliburton contributes a lot to the community and tries to often to do what is right.

Cons

In IT upper management has consistently cut costs for the past few years and made employees work more with less resources. Training is hard to get and often turned down. Employees are told to ignore industry trends until the last minute which forced deploying solutions which were not well planned out. In the past few years Halliburton has lost many of its long term employees due to their lack of competitive salaries and very low department headcount.

2. Great company with great people

Former Intern - IT Intern in Houston, TX
    Former Intern - IT Intern in Houston, TX

I worked at Halliburton as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Open environment - Encourages innovation from their people - Plenty of opportunities for growth - Really cool people and relaxed atmosphere - Flexible hours

Cons

None that I can think of