There are newer employer reviews for Halliburton

Challenging Environment

Current Employee - Electronic Technician  in  Kilgore, TX
Current Employee - Electronic Technician in Kilgore, TX

I have been working at Halliburton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Little or No Supervision, Challenging Work

Cons

Travel, Pay, Paperwork, and Travel

603 Other Employee Reviews for Halliburton (View Most Recent)

The Devil Wears Prada

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Halliburton full-time for less than a year

Pros

Global Opportunities; On site child care and fitness center.

Cons

My manager was equivalent to the boss in "The Devil Wears Prada." I was bullied, talked about and was forced to drive to their house at 10pm to pick up supplies. On at least 2 occasions, I was forced to work from that person's house with another coworker. Terrible micro management.

Great place to drift to the end of your career.

Former Employee - Corporate IT  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Corporate IT in Houston, TX

I worked at Halliburton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They own a significant share of the O&G services market... so they'll survive no matter what they do wrong. Decent benefits. In some ways, a very innovative company.

Cons

Halliburton is, basically, a "neck down" company... as opposed to say Apple as an example of "neck up" company. The real cash cow is from hard, dirty work in the middle of nowhere... muscle, not brains.
    Each PSL (division if you will) is autonomous and therefore consistency is almost non-existent. Land in the right PSL and you'll have a good job and a pretty good experience... wrong one, and it can be a real drag. Corporate is weak and seems to be a dumping ground for those who couldn't fit in at a PSL. I worked in Corporate and it was pretty hard to stay positive... a LOT of slackers just filling space until they retire and a lot of contractors with no motivation to do anything but make their billable hours last as long as possible. Some of the facilities are just dumps and the location I was posted was nicknamed "Halcatraz" because it resembled a prison in almost every way. Not a real motivator driving in each morning... but nice to see in the rearview.
    Oh, and beware... the culture is one of "get along at all costs then backstab when the opportunity arises". You can stay forever if you never upset anyone or fail to "fit in"... by, for example, pointing out they are preventing progress.

Stop shuffling the deck chairs and start putting management in place who truly care about delivering and assembling top staff to do so. A PMO manager who has never managed a project... but was just do for his next shuffle... really?

There are newer employer reviews for Halliburton

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!