There are newer employer reviews for Halliburton

Great employer with good benefits, but quite political.

Current Employee - Technical Professional in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Technical Professional in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Halliburton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome benefits, good management in my particular area. The funding is great in my department and my project is very interesting. I have mostly excellent resources. The facility is very safe. The technology I have access to is excellent, the facilities are very capable, and the people are mostly great to work with.

Cons

The structure can be very bound by policy, both for positions and pay advancement. Sometimes safety policieis are a little too strong due to a large legal influence. Public companies have the typical issues with share holders influencing what the company does.

Advice to Management

None. My manager is freaking awesome.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Halliburton audits and monitors work hours of professional employees- mandated to work in the office for min. 9 hrs/day.

I have been working at Halliburton full-time

Pros

Fair benefits, interesting, smart, friendly coworkers.

Cons

A top executive recently went on a campaign/office tour to alert employees that management is monitoring employee hours (by badge time in/out) to ensure all employees are in the office working for 9 hours a day (includes lunch). Employees were firmly informed that those who do not comply will be terminated. Quotes from the meeting: "All employees are easily replaceable." "Halliburton does not have a work at home policy." At one meeting, one employee posed the question "I routinely have to work at home to collaborate with employees on the other side of the globe. What then?" The response was "That's your job." So, any hours worked at home is your contribution to the company.

Furthermore, any doctor's appointment needs comes from an employees sick time (vacation time if child is sick.) If you are looking for a place to work that is progressive, trusting, and inspiring.. this is no the company for you.

Open Hole Wireline Field Engineer

Former Employee - Field Engineer in Kilgore, TX
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in Kilgore, TX

I worked at Halliburton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great salary and commission. Great co-workers. Mentally challenging position.

Cons

Too many hours (working days, concurrent, at a time). Not a position that will further your development in any field of engineering except chemical engineering. As an electrical engineer, this job set me back in my professional growth.