There are newer employer reviews for Halliburton

Great employer with good benefits, but quite political.

Current Employee - Technical Professional  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Technical Professional in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Halliburton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome benefits, good management in my particular area. The funding is great in my department and my project is very interesting. I have mostly excellent resources. The facility is very safe. The technology I have access to is excellent, the facilities are very capable, and the people are mostly great to work with.

Cons

The structure can be very bound by policy, both for positions and pay advancement. Sometimes safety policieis are a little too strong due to a large legal influence. Public companies have the typical issues with share holders influencing what the company does.

None. My manager is freaking awesome.

595 Other Employee Reviews for Halliburton (View Most Recent)

Halliburton audits and monitors work hours of professional employees- mandated to work in the office for min. 9 hrs/day.

I have been working at Halliburton full-time

Pros

Fair benefits, interesting, smart, friendly coworkers.

Cons

A top executive recently went on a campaign/office tour to alert employees that management is monitoring employee hours (by badge time in/out) to ensure all employees are in the office working for 9 hours a day (includes lunch). Employees were firmly informed that those who do not comply will be terminated. Quotes from the meeting: "All employees are easily replaceable." "Halliburton does not have a work at home policy." At one meeting, one employee posed the question "I routinely have to work at home to collaborate with employees on the other side of the globe. What then?" The response was "That's your job." So, any hours worked at home is your contribution to the company.

Furthermore, any doctor's appointment needs comes from an employees sick time (vacation time if child is sick.) If you are looking for a place to work that is progressive, trusting, and inspiring.. this is no the company for you.

The Devil Wears Prada

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Halliburton full-time for less than a year

Pros

Global Opportunities; On site child care and fitness center.

Cons

My manager was equivalent to the boss in "The Devil Wears Prada." I was bullied, talked about and was forced to drive to their house at 10pm to pick up supplies. On at least 2 occasions, I was forced to work from that person's house with another coworker. Terrible micro management.

There are newer employer reviews for Halliburton

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!