Halliburton

Too Much Management Interference

Current Employee - Senior IT Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior IT Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Halliburton

Pros

Lots of good projects to work on and great colleagues to work with. Compensation is OK and benefits are pretty good. Great place for minorities and women to work since they will be given preference for promotions.

Cons

Management is on the war path to outsource all IT work to India and this is putting all IT jobs in jeopardy including positions working with SAP which had previously been safe. Not a great place for non-minorities and non-women to work at since minorities and women will be given preference for promotions. Job security at Halliburton is non-existent and there are no exceptions. Even top managers and VP's get pushed out at the whim of executive management whenever they get a bug up their arse.

Get rid of the CIO who doesn't care about lower-level employees. Stop the rush to outsource all IT functions to India. Step back and select the most appropriate functions to be moved to India.

648 Other Employee Reviews for Halliburton (View Most Recent)

Not Good

Current Employee - MWD Engineer in Casper, WY
    Current Employee - MWD Engineer in Casper, WY

I have been working at Halliburton

Pros

Money, adventure. You get the chance to move around and see the country and even the world. It has great potential for earnings.

Cons

Management did not care about my personal life. They were not helpful with my training, equipment, supplies, travel arrangements, relocation, reimbursements. It is a lonely job.

A straight-out-of-college student cannot afford to move across the country, find a place to live with no help in a town with no apartments, and drive around to oil rigs hundreds of miles away without money. It took 3 weeks to get relocation expenses processed and I was expected to wait 2 months for my first travel expense reimbursement. Students don't have $10,000 in the bank to just spend.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Halliburton

Pros

Friendly employees, hard work but environment is enjoyable.

Cons

Decisions are sometimes made for political reasons not what is best for the organization or the employees.

Listen to the employees in the field. Provide more opportunity for open communication.

There are newer employer reviews for Halliburton