Too Much Management Interference

Current Employee - Senior IT Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior IT Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Halliburton

Pros

Lots of good projects to work on and great colleagues to work with. Compensation is OK and benefits are pretty good. Great place for minorities and women to work since they will be given preference for promotions.

Cons

Management is on the war path to outsource all IT work to India and this is putting all IT jobs in jeopardy including positions working with SAP which had previously been safe. Not a great place for non-minorities and non-women to work at since minorities and women will be given preference for promotions. Job security at Halliburton is non-existent and there are no exceptions. Even top managers and VP's get pushed out at the whim of executive management whenever they get a bug up their arse.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the CIO who doesn't care about lower-level employees. Stop the rush to outsource all IT functions to India. Step back and select the most appropriate functions to be moved to India.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not Good

Current Employee - MWD Engineer in Casper, WY
    Current Employee - MWD Engineer in Casper, WY

I have been working at Halliburton

Pros

Money, adventure. You get the chance to move around and see the country and even the world. It has great potential for earnings.

Cons

Management did not care about my personal life. They were not helpful with my training, equipment, supplies, travel arrangements, relocation, reimbursements. It is a lonely job.

Advice to Management

A straight-out-of-college student cannot afford to move across the country, find a place to live with no help in a town with no apartments, and drive around to oil rigs hundreds of miles away without money. It took 3 weeks to get relocation expenses processed and I was expected to wait 2 months for my first travel expense reimbursement. Students don't have $10,000 in the bank to just spend.

2. Manager

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Halliburton

Pros

It's a job when times are hard. Big ,stable company that is financially sound which is alot in this day.

Cons

It's Halliburton. Need I say more. You read the news, the blogs ; it has a powerful underbelly that is above ethics.

Advice to Management

Evaluate your personal value system, apply some ethics , practice some humility and have a conscience.