There are newer employer reviews for Halliburton

There are better Oil and Gas Companies to work for, but they will train someone with no experience.

Current Employee - Financial Service Representative III Drilling Fluids  in  San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Financial Service Representative III Drilling Fluids in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Halliburton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great Benefits ie. Reduce Stock Purchase, Low Insurance Premiums, 401k with high match
- Opportunity for growth in other areas
- Good Training and Huge knowledge base to pull from.

Cons

- The pay is marginal compared to the same position with other companies for the hours you end up working.
- No transparency on policy from middle management, you just get "told" how it is going to be never the how and why.
- Not the best work/life balance, I work over 4300 hours a year and by the Halliburton policy I am 24 hours on call for all but 12 days of vacation throughout the year.
- No bonus sharing for jobs well done at the field level, you have to become an office jockey working 8am-4pm to see any of that money.

- Pay your employees more and provide a better work/life balance.
- Provide more transparency on the how and why at the field level for engineers and they will be more willing to work hard for you.

588 Other Employee Reviews for Halliburton (View Most Recent)

If you're a "good olde boy" you have it made.

Former Employee - Quality Engineer  in  Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Halliburton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Security, good benefits, good safety culture

Cons

Mediocre pay, can't be innovative, must follow a lot of rules even if they don't make sense. Easy to be just a number. If you don't "fit in" then there can be problems. Difficult to get things done due to politics.

I found my work at Halliburton to be challenging, rewarding and fun!

Former Employee - Mobility Implementation Trainer  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Mobility Implementation Trainer in Houston, TX

I worked at Halliburton as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I love the oilfieldand the people who work in it! Almost to a man, they are good, hard-working, down-to-earth people.

Cons

Changes, especially in technology, always present challenges and sometimes even frustration when things do not work as they are designed. Adaptability, flexibility and a willingness to learn new things are always helpful in this environment.

Rather than reprimanding people for making mistakes and limiting capabilities (such as not allowing text messages from droid phones), empowerment and reinforcing positive behavior are where you will find the most value and how you create a professional, rewarding work environment (read it "employee retention").

There are newer employer reviews for Halliburton

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!