Don't do it...

Former Employee - Field Engineer  in  Denver, CO
Former Employee - Field Engineer in Denver, CO

I worked at Halliburton

Pros

None, This is a horrible work environment. If there is any upside it is that you can geat a lot of experience really fast and then get the hell out of there

Cons

Terrible hours
Terrible pay
Bad Bonuses that change with management's whim
signing bonus has to be repaid if you leave before 2 years which is an eternity at this company

stop the good old boy BS, treat your employees like more than just warm bodies and cut the red tape that stops all progress

Other Reviews for Halliburton

Halliburton was the best employer I've ever had.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Halliburton

Pros

Despite the way the media treats Halliburton because of its former link to KBR and Dick Cheney, Halliburton is a wonderful place to work. The people are down-to-earth and focused on their work, and the company is permeated by a can-do attitude from Dave Lesar (the CEO) all the way down to the hourly workers. It is a positive place to work and, I believe, a positive force in the energy industry. Additionally, Halliburton is experiencing sustainable growth and will continue to do so because of the people in its employ.

Cons

Because it is so large, there is inevitable red tape. Human Resources is extremely hard to get a hold of. Also, until late 2012, the main campus in Houston is going to be under construction which is a pain.

I would suggest focusing more on the people who aren't in management positions during the president's weekly newsletters. Although your employees are proud that you are moving and shaking the energy industry through international trips, new plant opening, and contract negotiations. However, weekly spotlights on exceptional employees might put the management's doings into context that lower ranked employees can relate to.

Very old school.

Current Employee - Corporate - Non-field  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate - Non-field in Houston, TX

I have been working at Halliburton

Pros

The company is stable and an industry leader. Despite the reputation outside the industry, Halliburton has a good reputation among our customers - every major oil company in the world.

Cons

Very old school. Slow to change and does not seem aware of just how old school it is.

Work life balance, flexible schedules would do wonders for morale.

There are newer employer reviews for Halliburton.

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!