Halliburton

www.halliburton.com
  www.halliburton.com
There are newer employer reviews for Halliburton

OK - but could be better

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Houston, TX
Current Employee - IT Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Halliburton

Pros

BIg company with worldwide presence. The pay is competetive but could be better to attract better talent. They spent a lot of money to upgrade SAP this past year and are finally moving their data center in to a "real" data center.

Cons

Once run by Dick Cheney - political impact of that is tough to overcome no matter what. Outsourcing (as in all IT shops) is a threat that seems to be growing but there are areas that seem safe from this. Inter-group department comuninication can be improved. Sometimes it appears you have to come from the outside to get promoted to a senior position.

Focus on the staff - make a concerted efort to improve morale. Promote from witin instead of always bringing in from the outside.

662 Other Employee Reviews for Halliburton (View Most Recent)

Not Recommended

Former Employee - Security Analyst II in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Security Analyst II in Houston, TX

I worked at Halliburton

Pros

Allows employees to gain experience working with a wide variety of enterprise applications. Generally very laid back attendance policy, reasonably good benefits. Employment is reasonably secure in terms of layoffs.

Cons

Middle management tried to hard to make everyone happy instead of rewarding employees based on performance. Lax attendance policy abused by a good proportion of employee base. Layoffs(though I was not affected) were based on a very inconsistent methodology. Some management "cliquey" and unprofessional. Pay was far below market average, when I presented management and HR market surveys, they would not match these figures. Managers abused training budgets for personal vacation time, preventing employees from getting training.

Reward employees based on value added to the company, perform regular market analysis and make adjustments when necessary.

Great to work for.

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Halliburton

Pros

I've found that you get what you push hard for. I started out complacent as far as promotion and compensation go and got nowhere. I changed my mindset to a more aggressive nature and positive things have happened. They have been extremely good to my family and have taken care of me very well each time I have had to relocate.

Cons

Sometimes in a big machine such as Halliburton, it seems like the people that already work in the most visible markets, get the lions share of recognition when it's the people grinding away directly at the customer that get bypassed. Such is life. Also, I've found that the level of professionalism in office settings and in management varies GREATLY by locale. The PPR system is a joke, and I feel that is a huge negative because in a way I think it removes peoples sense of accountability in their job performance.

Senior management should possibly go to the field more often, and when they do, don't make a big deal of it, just show up and see it how it really is, not how it is shined up to look before your arrival on announced visits. I visit the field often and can't ever remember a SENIOR level manager coming out....just mid-level at the highest.

There are newer employer reviews for Halliburton