Interview was what I expected with usual tell me when questions..

I have been working at Hallmark Health

Pros

Staff that I know who work there are very happy.

Cons

Leadership roles have changed several times, I heard.

Just be honest with staff and share reasons why changes are needed.

Other Reviews for Hallmark Health

Great work life balance

Former Employee - Staff Accountant
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant

I worked at Hallmark Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

people in my work area, training by my boss, ease of learning systems and processes, entry level salary was competitive, flexibility in hours, annual group outing, so much PTO!

Cons

budget cuts hit hardest (lowest) workers hard ...instead of wealthy execs, cubicles are like a maze...not much access to windows/fresh air

happy employees make your life easier, dont micromanage and give them small perks for staying late or going above on a project.

High turn over of staff. Wrong people in management.

Current Employee - Visiting Nurse
    Current Employee - Visiting Nurse

I have been working at Hallmark Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Enjoyable patients for the most part.

Cons

Mangers are not qualified for there positions and are promoted from within each time some one leaves which is every 6 -8 months or so. I had 5 different managers the time I worked there. Shows you how awful the company is. Mangers do not treat workers fairly and threaten staff. Belittled staff on frequent basis. Hostile work environment. Staff is expected to train new employees and take them out for there entire orientation. They do have 2 RNs who are supposed to train employees but they are too busy trying to do joint visits and train older employees. When I say older most employees have been there less than a year. Not only do managers keep leaving as does the rest of the staff. Joint visits are done to sign you off on skills that you can't do unless signed off. You don't always get signed off on things but when push comes to shove they will try to assign you to go do a visit where you are on your own with something you have never done(Ex. Lab draw) nor been "signed off on". Refusing something your not comfortble doing enrages your supervisors FYI. Also required to take nursing students out. Can't refuse to take out student. Patient's rarely see the same nurse more than once. Daily wound care patient will most likely see 5-7 different nurses in course of a week even when same nurse may be available Mon thru Fri, but that would make sense and Hallmark doesn't. No consistency. Visits constantly being forced for you to see regardless if you feel it's too many. All they want is a nurse in a patient's house so they can get paid from insurance company. Do not recommend working here. You will not be happy.

Treat your employees the way you want to be treated. Be fair and stop using favoritism with your friends. People that work hard get no recognition. Turn over rate high because of poor management. All management while I've been working there have been promoted from within with no management experience and some with very little nursing experience. Very unrealistic to have managers with no experience managing and hardly any experience being a nurse.

There are newer employer reviews for Hallmark Health.

Worked for Hallmark Health? Contribute to the Community!