Hallmark

www.hallmark.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hallmark

Good place to work part-time

Former Employee - Key Holder in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Key Holder in Columbus, OH

I worked at Hallmark part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Training is great, merchandising is a snap, and customer service is number one.

Cons

Holiday hours are terrible, you won't enjoy the season because you are always working.

421 Other Employee Reviews for Hallmark (View Most Recent)

Hallmark has very dedicated employees, but they have been managing the business the same way far too long.

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Hallmark full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hallmark has some wonderful people to work with. There is a decent level of job security, but that has started to get a little shakey. Good opportunites for advancement after a few years on the job.

Cons

Old guard had not been creative in improving how to better manage their day to day business. It has become a much more stressful place to work.

You cannot move forward in a positive direction unless you are willing to let go of old tools and processes.

Flexible & Family Oriented

Former Employee - Conversion Team Production Artist in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Conversion Team Production Artist in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Hallmark as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The companies overall attitude towards family is good (they even have a pumping room for nursing mothers). The department I worked in was very understanding about time off & had a family first attitude, which is hard to find!

Cons

I've heard completely the opposite about other departments attitudes towards flexibility from other employee's or former employees. So I think it everything can be quite different from department to department as it is a fairly large company.

Other opportunities should only be mentioned by management if its a sure thing. I can't tell you how many times I heard of a job opening while I was there & went through the rigorous process of applying only to find they decided it wasn't in there budget so they would be "making departmental changes" instead.

There are newer employer reviews for Hallmark