Hallmark

www.hallmark.com
  www.hallmark.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hallmark

Hallmark has very dedicated employees, but they have been managing the business the same way far too long.

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Hallmark full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hallmark has some wonderful people to work with. There is a decent level of job security, but that has started to get a little shakey. Good opportunites for advancement after a few years on the job.

Cons

Old guard had not been creative in improving how to better manage their day to day business. It has become a much more stressful place to work.

You cannot move forward in a positive direction unless you are willing to let go of old tools and processes.

395 Other Employee Reviews for Hallmark (View Most Recent)

Flexible & Family Oriented

Former Employee - Conversion Team Production Artist in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Conversion Team Production Artist in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Hallmark as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The companies overall attitude towards family is good (they even have a pumping room for nursing mothers). The department I worked in was very understanding about time off & had a family first attitude, which is hard to find!

Cons

I've heard completely the opposite about other departments attitudes towards flexibility from other employee's or former employees. So I think it everything can be quite different from department to department as it is a fairly large company.

Other opportunities should only be mentioned by management if its a sure thing. I can't tell you how many times I heard of a job opening while I was there & went through the rigorous process of applying only to find they decided it wasn't in there budget so they would be "making departmental changes" instead.

Everyone should experience Hallmark and all it has to offer.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Killingly Center, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Killingly Center, CT

I have been working at Hallmark part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Interacting with customers is one of the best reasons to work at Hallmark. I personally enjoy helping the elderly with their needs.

Cons

We should offer more for men especially around Father's Day. When looking for a male gift it is hard to find much.

Sometimes, specials could be more clearly displayed instead of the small print.

There are newer employer reviews for Hallmark