There are newer employer reviews for Hallmark

Great place to work, but industry is changing.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Hallmark full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Wonderful benefits (medical, dental, vision, and discount on product). Great for creative roles- crazy talented artists. Encourage growth and movement among the company.

Cons

So large it's hard to get decisions made and if they are made, slow to implement. Work flow is too complex making it hard to react quickly to the outside world. Environment for the past few years has been going downhill as the profits go downhill.

Advice to Management

Keep working on simplifying work flow and business priorities.

Other Employee Reviews for Hallmark

NO TRAINING FOR RM'S AND BIG DEMANDS!!

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hallmark part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is only one pro I can think of and it would have to be the no supervision and flexible hours.

Cons

Company does not invest in RM training but write you up for not doing the job properly. Company expectations are unrealistic vs time allowed. Territory Assistants show a total lack of respect and get angry and write you up if you make mistakes. The company does not provide RM with manager for complaints. Hallmark's expectations are totally unreasonable versus the amount of hours they give you to complete everything. They give you a manual and tell you to read it and then do the job, without any hands on training. If I could find another job, I'd quit in a second because I hate the way Hallmark is set up. Also, Walmart management is horrible to RM's and complain about everything, even taking pictures. I used to have a great deal of respect for Hallmark and after working for them, I won't even BUT one of their cards. Also, the amount of waste that goes in the trash is despicable!! Many shelters could use some the of product they make us through away everyday. They should at least give a portion of it to their hard working employees who make it possible for Hallmark to continue to stay in business.

Advice to Management

INVEST in training your RM's for the job. This gives them the tools needed to be successful. Give more hours to RM's to achieve the extremely high demands of the job and treat your employees with respect.

I worked as a merchandiser. Hallmark used to be a great company to work for. This has changed over the years.

Former Employee - Merchandiser
    Former Employee - Merchandiser

I worked at Hallmark part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The schedule is somewhat flexible depending on the type of account you have.

Cons

They did not give us a raise for a couple of years. They took away our paid vacation. They do not offer insurance,401k or company email. They start most people out at minimum age. They attempt to get rid of people that have a higher salary by cutting their hours to about 3 hours a week. They hope this will make them quit. Then they can rehire someone at minimum wage.