There are newer employer reviews for Hallmark

I enjoy this kind of work and the flexibility.

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Gulf Breeze, FL
Current Employee - Merchandiser in Gulf Breeze, FL

I have been working at Hallmark part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working alone most of the time.
Set your own schedule within assigned parameters.
Meeting employees of the various stores you service.

Cons

Not enough hours given to complete all of the work.
Having to constantly pester store management for things.
Lots of revisions that may not actually be needed.

Advice to Management

Give merchandisers more hours, submit requests to store managers directly from the corporate office - make it a part of their evaluation or something, and perhaps slow down on the revisions, those hours could go to the merchandiser instead so that they can keep the card department in tip top condition.

reviews filtered by

Positive, friendly, sometimes misguided

I have been working at Hallmark full-time

Pros

Positive work environment, opportunities everywhere if you do a little digging. Treated fairly and with respect - feels like one big family. Creative community is amazing.

Cons

Company is having trouble adapting to the challenges of the modern world. Greeting cards aren't as popular as they used to be and other businesses move too fast for Hallmark to adapt.

Advice to Management

We can't keep doing the same thing while patting ourselves on the back for being innovative.

NO TRAINING FOR RM'S AND BIG DEMANDS!!

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hallmark part-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is only one pro I can think of and it would have to be the no supervision and flexible hours.

Cons

Company does not invest in RM training but write you up for not doing the job properly. Company expectations are unrealistic vs time allowed. Territory Assistants show a total lack of respect and get angry and write you up if you make mistakes. The company does not provide RM with manager for complaints. Hallmark's expectations are totally unreasonable versus the amount of hours they give you to complete everything. They give you a manual and tell you to read it and then do the job, without any hands on training. If I could find another job, I'd quit in a second because I hate the way Hallmark is set up. Also, Walmart management is horrible to RM's and complain about everything, even taking pictures. I used to have a great deal of respect for Hallmark and after working for them, I won't even BUT one of their cards. Also, the amount of waste that goes in the trash is despicable!! Many shelters could use some the of product they make us through away everyday. They should at least give a portion of it to their hard working employees who make it possible for Hallmark to continue to stay in business.

Advice to Management

INVEST in training your RM's for the job. This gives them the tools needed to be successful. Give more hours to RM's to achieve the extremely high demands of the job and treat your employees with respect.

There are newer employer reviews for Hallmark