Hallmark

www.hallmark.com

I've been employed by Hallmark for almost 2 years.

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser
Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser

Pros

The communication is great from the corporate office.

Cons

I see a lot of waste in some of my tasks.

Supervisors should not be given so many stores, because they can't meet the needs of each one assigned.

Other reviews for Hallmark

Great Company, Poor choice of Managers

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Allentown, PA

Pros

Great dynamic with other employees, Great Selling Initiatives, Grateful Company treats employees well, Great H.R. department, Trains employees well, nice breaks, good employee discount,good for people looking for 15 hours or less a week.

Cons

Pay is not that great even if you do great but the store doesn't do as well you don't get a raise, the only opportunity for raise is once a year, prefers older workers especially for promotion, Poor manager choices that make fun of workers and end up with a high overturn rate, Limited Hours but demanding for holidays, managers make bonuses when they don't use all the hours to be given to employees so they don't care about employees, Bad strategies for loss prevention

You should not just hire from within, but with people who have degrees. Not all older people are the best leaders for this company. The whole company has great protocols but needs to work on their store managers

Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

Pros

Hallmark has a great store environment and throughout the years working there I really created a bond with the customers. This was a great learning experience for me and helped me start my career in the industry. This is a family oriented business where employees feel like family. If I ever wanted time off, it was pretty easy to get.

Cons

It took a long time to move up at the store level. I worked for a franchise and I believe if I worked for a corporate store I would have had better opportunities. There are days where you work on holidays because this is a busy time for Hallmark. Also the shop is open 7 days a week so you would be working weekends.

When owning a franchise store there should be more communication and cohesiveness between stores.

There are newer employer reviews for Hallmark.

Worked for Hallmark? Contribute to the Community!