There are newer employer reviews for Hallmark

Hallmark is a great place to work with amazing supportive colleagues

Current Employee - Consumer Understanding & Insight Manager in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Consumer Understanding & Insight Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Hallmark full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I love the people at Hallmark...they are bright, friendly, accepting and collaborative. We also create great products that help people connect with other people. They have competitive salaries, good benefits and have corporate values I believe in. You will never be asked to do anything unethical.

Cons

Company performance is not great right now and senior management doesn't seem to understand that you can't fix declining sales by raising prices

370 Other Employee Reviews for Hallmark (View Most Recent)

very disturbing-I worked for hallmark for 2 years

Former Employee - Hallmark Merchandiser in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Hallmark Merchandiser in Lansing, MI

I worked at Hallmark part-time (more than an year)

Pros

none, a paycheck every 2 weeks

Cons

I worked a 2 Wal-Mart's, I hired in as a MERCHANDISED, THEY WANTED A SALES PERSON and they wanted to basically turn Wal-Mart into a Hallmark store, get the manager to allow you to put up an end cap get the manager to allow you to put up a cup bin, get the manager to allow you to take up a 4 foot section of their seasonal, it was constant, and when Wal-Mart manager refused the supervisor would come into the store when the manager was not there and put it up, the next day the Store manager would ream me out, and the pay go to the store 3 days a week and only paid for 3 hours, I spent more on gas than my paycheck would allow

stay out of the stores, and leave the merchandising to the merchandiser, be your own sales person, don't put that on the merchandiser

Not a good experience at all

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Hallmark part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible hrs. and part time

Cons

Worked as a retail merchandiser and it was physically demanding. There was hardly any training from my supervisor and she was very difficult to work with. She didn't want to be bothered training me and during the holidays it got crazy. The few hrs. they gave you to work was unrealistic, especially when you had to work at several stores. Also, the store managers were rude and didn't want to be bothered.

Make sure the supervisors take the time to train retail merchandisers properly.

There are newer employer reviews for Hallmark