Great company recognized for products and loyal customer base

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser  in  San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Hallmark part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

For field retail merchandiser the jobs provides flexibility. Great to work with customers each day

Cons

Should take into account that each division in the field is different and has different customer base, different challenges, and standards cannot be modeled after crown stores. Understand demographics for customer base in different locations. Compensation and work hours could improve. Too inconsistent with hours from week to week, could be a set amount of hours each week (higher) in order to be effective in the job as a Hallmark representative and achieve the Hallmark standards.

Re-evaluate programs for part time employees. Pay, hours, benefits could improve. Provide more internal opportunities for field merchandiser to evaluate other divisions.

Other Reviews for Hallmark

Hallmark is a great company, but store management made this job less than ideal.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Hallmark part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Schedule was pretty flexible and worked well while I was in school. The company in general is very fun and family oriented. We had a lot of regular customers that I looked forward to interacting with.

Cons

Lots of scheduling issues because of incompetence of store manager.

I would suggest raises for employees that perform well and are loyal. I would suggest more promotion within the company. Hiring management from outside the company seemed to not work well.

Great history, culture, and products, but consumer trend headwinds too large to overcome.

Former Employee - Manager  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Hallmark full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great history, people, brand and products. Fun businesses to work with.

Cons

Industry declines. Family ownership unable to move company into position to secure its future.

Time to milk the core businesses and invest in new businesses completely unrelated to the core (where's the next Crayola or Hallmark Channel). Time to dramatically reinvent yourself or sell to someone who will.

There are newer employer reviews for Hallmark.

Worked for Hallmark? Contribute to the Community!