Hallmark

www.hallmark.com

Great company recognized for products and loyal customer base

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser  in  San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in San Jose, CA

Pros

For field retail merchandiser the jobs provides flexibility. Great to work with customers each day

Cons

Should take into account that each division in the field is different and has different customer base, different challenges, and standards cannot be modeled after crown stores. Understand demographics for customer base in different locations. Compensation and work hours could improve. Too inconsistent with hours from week to week, could be a set amount of hours each week (higher) in order to be effective in the job as a Hallmark representative and achieve the Hallmark standards.

Re-evaluate programs for part time employees. Pay, hours, benefits could improve. Provide more internal opportunities for field merchandiser to evaluate other divisions.

Other reviews for Hallmark

Hallmark is a great company, but store management made this job less than ideal.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Schedule was pretty flexible and worked well while I was in school. The company in general is very fun and family oriented. We had a lot of regular customers that I looked forward to interacting with.

Cons

Lots of scheduling issues because of incompetence of store manager.

I would suggest raises for employees that perform well and are loyal. I would suggest more promotion within the company. Hiring management from outside the company seemed to not work well.

Pretty great place to be a designer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Pros

A lot of resources at your disposal. TONS of assets in the archives to help with product design. You have no idea how great it is to have the access to all of these amazing resources/images/etc.

Cons

"Higher-ups" are unwilling to try new things, however we'll see how our new way of working will influence the future of the company.

Be open and willing to try new things. (Things are starting to go that way, though)

There are newer employer reviews for Hallmark.

Worked for Hallmark? Contribute to the Community!