There are newer employer reviews for Halloween City

Good environment

Current Employee - District Manager in Fort Wayne, IN
Current Employee - District Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Halloween City as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

As organized and advanced as a temporary company can be, and they are always looking for ways to improve.

Cons

Temporary environment is a necessary evil

53 Other Employee Reviews for Halloween City (View Most Recent)

They throw you out on the sales floor with absolutely no knowledge

Former Employee - Temporary Store Associate in Orland Park, IL
    Former Employee - Temporary Store Associate in Orland Park, IL

I worked at Halloween City

Pros

-Temporary/seasonal position that ends early November: start earning money for the holidays.
    -Understandable with school hours and understands if you already have another job.

Cons

You are thrown out on the floor after watching a very dry video. You are expected to answer customer's questions. That wouldn't be a problem if they actually trained their staff. Also, while you're at the fitting rooms, you have to watch customers while making sure they don't take the entire costume out. This annoys the customers, who in turn pester the employees who cannot do anything about it.

Please train staff more! Being thrown out on the floor and unable to help customers is a painful experience.

Great Seasonal Job

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Paramus, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Paramus, NJ

I worked at Halloween City

Pros

It's a part time job but extra hours are available to dedicated workers showing good work ethics. Great place to work during a fun holiday.

The store managers and district manager were great to work with and were passionate about customer satisfaction and the staff. Good teamwork amoung the associates at my store. As usual there was one bad apple in the busheI but what can you do.

I would definately work there again next season if I can espically if the management team is the same.

Cons

The number of associates could have been greater during the two weeks prior to Halloween.

A minimum of two associates are required for the fitting rooms during those weeks in my opinion. Having only one person at the fitting room easily gets overwhelmed quickly with the high volume of customers trying on costumes.

It can be physically demanding at times in certain departments, espically when truckloads of pallets of merchandise comes, but to be fair you are cautioned about it from the start.

Keep up the good work. I don't know if all locations were as good to work for as mine. I was fortunate enough to be asked to help pack up two other locations that my district manager had as well as my location (a sad day). From working with those other associates during the wrap-up it appears that they enjoyed their time there as well.

Add extra associates during the two weeks before Halloween. One for the floor and one for the fitting room.

Pick a high visibility store location. My store unfortunately had a bad location. It was a shame because it was a very large well stocked store.

Stock a larger variety animated and electrified items. Customers were asking for items, some very basic, that we did not have but should have had.

Transition from the Halloween season the Christmas season. Most all other associates I worked with, even those at the other two locations, wanted the transition and would have stayed on. I am sure we could have made money for the company as many customers were asking about it and were surprised we were not.

There are newer employer reviews for Halloween City