Lots of Chaos, but Good People

Current Employee - Worker in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Worker in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Hammerton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some awesome people work here that really care about what they do and make. Most everyone is friendly and helpful. Very creative place to work. Never boring. Day goes by really fast. I learn a lot working here. Meetings when we get lunch are great. CEO shares business information that keeps us informed about the company. We can ask questions without being put down.

Cons

Owner, Bill, has a bad temper that can be a drag, especially when you're working really hard and trying to fix someone else's screw-ups. Then other people act the same because they don't want to be yelled at. Too many meetings where people go off on their own stuff. Can be destructive rather than productive. Low wages. Sometimes, communication can be very lacking.

Advice to Management

Need better wages and more positive feedback from supervisors. Stop the CEO from trying to find blame all of the time, but be more of a leader we want to follow. Encourage us, not discourage us. Levi is not the CEO. Bill is.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. You don't cut losses by selling more for less and making it up in quantity!

I worked at Hammerton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hammerton has some really creative designers and artisans putting amazing lighting together. Hammerton recruits and hires very capable people...

Cons

and then drops the ball by not delivering. Promised reviews never materialize. People get left for months in "training" positions that were to be only for weeks. Mid-level management seems to alienate everyone below it while schmoozing the executive suite. In the past few weeks, four employees with a total of 60 years of service to the company have given notice, and are heading for greener pastures. That doesn't cover the ones that last two to six months and then look for something else.

Advice to Management

The more you do of what you've done, the more you'll have of what you've got. Karma is a snitch! Advise to management? If it isn't important to you, it ain't gonna be important to your employees.

2. Former Manager

Former Employee - Former Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Former Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Hammerton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people and cool products.

Cons

Poor leadership, threats, screaming, pointing fingers, negative environment that HR and CEO contribute to.

Advice to Management

I will change all management and have new leadership to lead this company and the good people that work there. The owners need to remove themselves from being the CEO and VP of design as they do not have the ability to lead their company and their people.