Hampshire County Council
www.hants.gov.uk Winchester, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Decent interim job, not for long term

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Winchester, England (UK)

ProsGood working hours, good people, filled a decent gap between university ending and 'real work' beginning. Good to see how decisions actually get made.

ConsManagement have no real idea of what the people on the ground do every day. Aura of fear regarding current economic climate.

Advice to Senior ManagementReassure the staff in order to make them feel happier about their position. If someone has done a good job, let them know. Better exposure for junior staff to see promotional/development opportunities.

Education services were well managed and supported my development

Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Hampshire County Council full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: good management - listen and empower staff excellent development opportunities -… Cons: Huge organisation - worlds within worlds meant that sometimes change… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

motivation required

IT Consultant (Current Employee)
    Winchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Hampshire County Council full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Flexible working hours but depends on the job Cons: No motivation. Low pay. Lack of leadership in management. Useless… Advice to Senior Management: Improvement of IPP process. Understanding that people are human beings not just units that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hampshire County Council.

Worked for Hampshire County Council? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hampshire County Council reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hampshire County Council CEO Andrew Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Hampshire County Council employees.