There are newer employer reviews for Hampton Inn

It was okay, but I never really got into the position as originally planned.

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Morrow, GA
Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Morrow, GA

Pros

If you're a people person who loves to interact with different people, then this position at Hampton Inn is for you.

Cons

This position could be challeging if you're not careful. A lot of things to do that are important and sometimes you may forget a step which could be a problem if the right guest approaches you with the issue.

Other Employee Reviews for Hampton Inn

1. A very professional atmosphere, but very relaxed.

Current Employee - Night Auditor in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Night Auditor in Nashville, TN

Pros

Being the night auditor, I work by myself. I love being able to do my job with no one looking over my shoulder and I have total endorsement from the managers. They really value my opinion and treat me like I am truly needed.

Cons

Sometimes the guests can be really demanding, but overall a great working environment.

Advice to Management

Make sure to stay consistent.

Not a place to stay long term

Current Employee - Front Desk Supervisor in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Front Desk Supervisor in Rochester, NY

Pros

Employee discounts are great, empower you to make many decisions on your own, benefits vary depending on which property you work at as they are franchised. The one I worked at had pretty good benfits. They give you the skills and tools to provide great customer service.

Cons

The pay to start out is pretty bad. You're looking at minimum wage, maybe slightly more if you have experience but definitely nothing to write home about. Raises are once a year and the most I've ever seen anyone get is 38 cents. Most raises were around 15 to 20 cents however. Advancement opportunities are minimal. There isn't many positions to be promoted to so you'd have to hope on one person leaving to have a chance at a promotion. Its a good place to work short term to get experience but its a job that will not pay the bills. You will also be expected to work weekends and pretty much all holidays. And dealing with some of the groups that come in on weekends is torture. Mainly any hockey groups. The parents sit in the lobby and get drunk while their kids run throughout the hotel and do whatever they please. Most parents when told of any problems could care less. Managers of course are never there when this takes place. They get nights, weekends, and holidays off. Weekends like that are definitely not worth the low pay.

Advice to Management

Work some weekends and see how torturous it is working with hockey groups who feel entitled to do whatever they please.