Front Desk At Hampton Inn Lake Park

Current Employee - Front Desk Clerk  in  Lake Park, GA
Current Employee - Front Desk Clerk in Lake Park, GA

I have been working at Hampton Inn

Pros

When traveling you get a discounted rate at any Hilton Hotels as long as its available. Makes traveling easier when on vacation or seeing family. Willing to work with school schedule if your in school. Makes the life of a college student easier. Able to do some of school work at the desk if not busy. (may not apply to all hotels.)

Cons

No Raise In the past 3 years I have worked here. No benefits package. Never given paid vacation or pay raise review. I know I am not a prefect employee but I do my job but I do my job to the best of my ability. The economy may be bad but that should keep you from talking to your employees about raises and benefits.

Offer pay raise review and give reason why employee doesn't get raise. IF offered actually give paid vacation.

Other Reviews for Hampton Inn

Decent place to work, as long as you don't want to advance

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent  in  Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Hampton Inn

Pros

Co-workers are pleasant.
    Flexible schedules.
    Discounts at other locations.
    Training is adequate.
    You can meet interesting people on the job.

Cons

It takes forever to be eligible for benefits. In this location, you had to be employed for a year and had to work an average of 38 hours a week. Management made this difficult to achieve. There is also no room for advancement, unless you were willing to relocate.

Make it easier to qualify for benefits and allow people the chance to be promoted at a location.

front desk agent

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent  in  Surrey, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Surrey, BC (Canada)

I worked at Hampton Inn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great hotel rate perks at any associated hampton inn or hilton hotel branches. If you have a good team culture at that hotel it can be a lot of fun.

Cons

Every hotel is own and operated by different management. The potential for growth was slim to none because of the other members who worked from the bottom up basically after you hit front desk manager you have no where to go. Poor management resulted in high turn over, so work-life balance was not possible as we were constantly being called in to do ridiculous back to back shifts.

There should be proper procedures in place for employee reviews. This way you can properly evaluate each employee and their ability to fulfill their role, instead of just having someone stay in a role because they've been there for a while.

There are newer employer reviews for Hampton Inn.

Worked for Hampton Inn? Contribute to the Community!